Ninth Key (2001)

by Meg Cabot

Series: The Mediator (2)

1,773308,128 (4)21
Sixteen-year-old Susannah Simon is a mediator, one who communicates with the dead, and she also happens to be in love with Jesse, a nineteenth-century ghost.

I guess I'm still reading this series? It's junk food but it's still food so ( )
  mutantpudding | Dec 26, 2021 |
What would you do when the ghost of a woman shows up in your bedroom and tells you to "tell Red he didn't kill me"? You'd tell him, right? Especially if that was the only way to get her to stop screaming and yelling at you all the time. So Suze asks around to find out if anyone knows "Red" and finds out he's a well-known pillar of the community, one with a very hot son she starts dating. Oh, and Red also might be a vampire because he keeps staring at Suze's neck and his assistant does too when he asks if Red hurt her.

Jesse, the ghost who lives in her bedroom, seems jealous over her dating Tad. That's great by Suze because she's falling for him in a big way, even though there's no way they can be together. But Tad's nice, and she gave him poison oak, so she's willing to see if there's something there, even though she's busily trying to figure out if his father murdered a bunch of people or just ate them for a vampiric snack. Red isn't the Red she was looking for so it takes a while for her to deliver the message but when she does it's worth it. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
There is only one word I can say after reading this book: Jesse. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
Suze just want to be a normal teen.

I really enjoyed listening to this. Very cute and funny. ( )
  nx74defiant | Apr 30, 2017 |
Not my favorite in the series, but still entertaining.

PopSugar Reading Challenge 2016 | Task 4: Book you haven't read since high school

(It might have been freshman year of college, but who's counting. Plus I need to refresh my memory to prepare for the 7th book). ( )
  Bodagirl | Jul 1, 2016 |

Meg Cabotprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Vic and Jack - Cut it out already
Nobody told me about the poison oak.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,102,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible