Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine
    Fade Out by Rachel Caine (Pedrolina)
    Pedrolina: Fade Out is the next book in the series after Carpe Corpus

This book was full of excitement and confusion and a lot of warring emotions. It takes you on a ride from fear and betrayal to understanding and acceptance and then of course the dreaded cliffhanger at the end.

The vampire war comes to a climax in this edition and we get to see which side will be triumphant. We get to see how many losses we must suffer in the process and how that takes it's toll on our favorite characters.

Claire is still front and center and being used as a pawn by more than the people you'd expect. She gets caught in the middle time and time again and seems to be always in the wrong place at the wrong time...or is she in the right place?

I love the relationship between her and the housemates. Each relationship being different, but somehow making this tightknit and unique group of friends who would do anything for one another. It's rare to find that kind of friends and it's very satisfying to read about them.

I will continue to read the Morganville Vampire books and I definitely recommend them for fans of the genre. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
To protect her friends(as much as possible), Claire has been forced to side with Bishop as the battle for Morganville rages on. After doing what she had to, Claire manages to save Shane, reconcile with Michael, and make up with Eve. Claire and Myrnin also may have discovered a cure to the vampire disease. Now they still have the problem of Bishop controlling the city. To save Morganville, someone unexpected has to pay the ultimate price that leaves the entire town in mourning.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
So, i freakin love this series. In my opinion they top just about every vampire series out there.
That said, i realise that this book came out about two months ago. I know... i know because i bought it the day it came out.
It's not that it took me two months to read a 200 page book. It's just that if i own a book i do not read it. I don't know why. And it bugs me. But it's the sad truth.
That said, this was, of course, excellent. It was probably the first Morganville book i've read that had an ending that didn't make me want to toss the book across the room (darn.. i actually own this one so i could toss it if i needed too!) So, there's a plus people, it ends well for once!
This one picks up right where 'Lords of Misrule' left off (and it will be so embarrassing if i'm wrong...)
Mr. Bishop has complete control. Both Claire and Michael are his errand boys (... girl in Claire's case.) Shane ad his dad are in prison. Amilie's MIA, and it's all looking pretty much completely hopeless.
Which, you know, i love! Bring on the hopelessness!
There's always a highlighted character for me in books and usually in this series it's Michael and Eve (cause they're probably my favorites. ever.) but i have to say Myrnin was my favorite in this one =D
He's just so awesome! Gotta love a completely insane vampire!
Aaaanyway, i'm way excited for the next book in the series Fade Out. I'll totally buy it... (And read it!!!!.... >.>) I really wish i could read Rachel Caine's other series, the Weather Warden series but i can't find the first one anywhere = .... ohh well, i'm content with Morganville =D
5/5 Stars, as deserved. Really i can't think of a single thing wrong with it. Oh, and favorite line?
"Now, now," he chided her. "Where's your sense of adventure?"
"Off on a beach somewhere with your sanity?..." ( )
  glitzandshadows | Oct 12, 2015 |
I can't believe this series goes on after this book, it seems so finished. Everything tied up in a nice package.

Where does it go from here?? on to Fade Out. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
"Claire," Bishop said. He didn't sound pleased. "Did I summon you?"

In the small town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace - until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths.

He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants - the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having had such a taste of power?

"In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?"--Publishers description.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,183,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible