Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine
    Fade Out by Rachel Caine (Pedrolina)
    Pedrolina: Fade Out is the next book in the series after Carpe Corpus

So, i freakin love this series. In my opinion they top just about every vampire series out there.
That said, i realise that this book came out about two months ago. I know... i know because i bought it the day it came out.
It's not that it took me two months to read a 200 page book. It's just that if i own a book i do not read it. I don't know why. And it bugs me. But it's the sad truth.
That said, this was, of course, excellent. It was probably the first Morganville book i've read that had an ending that didn't make me want to toss the book across the room (darn.. i actually own this one so i could toss it if i needed too!) So, there's a plus people, it ends well for once!
This one picks up right where 'Lords of Misrule' left off (and it will be so embarrassing if i'm wrong...)
Mr. Bishop has complete control. Both Claire and Michael are his errand boys (... girl in Claire's case.) Shane ad his dad are in prison. Amilie's MIA, and it's all looking pretty much completely hopeless.
Which, you know, i love! Bring on the hopelessness!
There's always a highlighted character for me in books and usually in this series it's Michael and Eve (cause they're probably my favorites. ever.) but i have to say Myrnin was my favorite in this one =D
He's just so awesome! Gotta love a completely insane vampire!
Aaaanyway, i'm way excited for the next book in the series Fade Out. I'll totally buy it... (And read it!!!!.... >.>) I really wish i could read Rachel Caine's other series, the Weather Warden series but i can't find the first one anywhere = .... ohh well, i'm content with Morganville =D
5/5 Stars, as deserved. Really i can't think of a single thing wrong with it. Oh, and favorite line?
"Now, now," he chided her. "Where's your sense of adventure?"
"Off on a beach somewhere with your sanity?..." ( )
  glitzandshadows | Oct 12, 2015 |
I can't believe this series goes on after this book, it seems so finished. Everything tied up in a nice package.

Where does it go from here?? on to Fade Out. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I wanted to read this one because I am addicted to the series, and can't get enough right now. It is nice to be able to binge on a series and not have to worry about forgetting details and having that burning need to have the next one right that second and the let down of having to wait another year or so for the characters you have fallen in love with and the romance that has your own toes tingling.

It is hard to see Claire in this one because she is serving Bishop because of the magical tattoo that he gave her that compels her to obey him. She has become an understandably outcast in Morganville for those loyal to Amelie or maybe just hates Bishop. That includes Eve, which breaks her heart and mine too because I love their tight friendship.

Shane is captured in this one, stuck in a cell with his dad because of his ties to the anti-vampire movement his dad is in charge of. Its hard having the distance between them because I love seeing them together.

One good thing in this one is that Claire is turning seventeen which means that it is not illegal for her and Shane to be together once they are finally reunited.

The betrayals and double crosses in this one had my mind spinning, but I loved how this one ended and tied up. Though, my addiction is screaming for me to go ahead and read the next one.

Bottom Line: Loving this series, and nothing about this book changed that. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Dec 5, 2014 |
Vague spoiler alert... I adore page 70. Haha... Loved the book, would write more but book 7 is calling my name.. Lol Way to go Rachel, I have the next 8 books by my chair and plans to have read all 14 back to back. (I liked #6 so much I read it in less that 5 hours.. Lol) ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
These book just keep getting better and better. With book six, the series ventures into the world of steampunk with a special Morganville twist. With the very little I have actually read in the genre of Steampunk, I had a hard time visualizing what Ada looks like, but I am hoping these eventually become movies and someone creates this fascinating machine for the movies! Ada's quirkiness and creepiness fit right in with the rest of the Morganville residents, though, so I know that she/it will grow on me, too.
With this book, it is also a relief that Claire has finally turned seventeen. The build-up between her and Shane was driving me crazy. I also like how the author was much more realistic about her first time with Shane than many romance novelists, with much awkwardness and naivety. Her parents' response to the knowledge of this was quite humorous and charming and lent some much-needed humor to the extent of fear with which Morganville is saturated.
Even though these books have much fantasy, they still move along with a certain believability. The one major exception that I found in this book - that I simply had a hard time believing possible - was when Claire almost dies at the end. With the amount of blood loss she suffered from, there is simply no way she could stay conscious for the amount of that she did or stay alive as she did. When books are as entertaining as these are though, I don't mind a little "writer's license" to keep the main character alive and resolve the loose thread of who is responsible for the random murders of girls in the previous books. I am surprised, though, that Claire never made the connection to who Dean is, since I saw it coming quite easily.
Mynin gets more and more entertaining and fascinating from book to book - he is probably one of my favorite characters for his unpredictability. I am thrilled that the disease can no longer get the best of him - it means he could play a more central role in future books. Many of the characters are easy to like, even if their morals often verge into gray area, such as Amelie.
Even though the "book" has suffered its final demise, the bookworm in me still wonders what else was in that book, so I hope future books can tell me more about it.

JacobsBeloved | Nov 25, 2013 |
"Claire," Bishop said. He didn't sound pleased. "Did I summon you?"

In the small town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace - until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths.

He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants - the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having had such a taste of power?

"In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?"--Publishers description.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,251,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible