Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

The Hostile Hospital (2001)

by Lemony Snicket

Other authors: Brett Helquist (Illustrator)

Series: A Series of Unfortunate Events (8)

On the run after being falsely accused of murder, the three Baudelaire orphans find themselves in the Heimlich Hospital, with the evil Count Olaf in close pursuit.

This book was one of my favorite books in this series. The amount of suspense and mystery, specifically caught my attention! ( )
  rhison | Oct 23, 2020 |
I don`t know why, this book is hard to find use, besides buying it online or at the book store. After reading book eight in the series of Unfortunate Events, I still don't know why it hard to find.
All in all the series is finally getting somewhere. Well it been getting somewhere since book five, but actually find out more clues as to what happen.
I know their presents are alive since I seem the movie along time ago. The way the movie ended ruins the series.
On to the next book. ( )
  AnnaBookcritter | Sep 15, 2020 |

Snicket, Lemonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice — Summer without you is as cold as winter. Winter without you is even colder.
There are two reasons why a writer would end a sentence with the word "stop" written entirely in capital letters STOP.

As I read more of this series, I became more and more sorry for the Baudelaire Triplets. Everywhere they go, they would have to get haunted down by Count Olaf, and his stupid assistants! Well, at least they had some success in this book, they had burned down the hopital, but they still didn't capture that nasty old Count Olaf! I think that Count Olaf has been becoming more and more cruel as the book gets further and further. So far, this was the best successfully ending they ever had, well at least in my opinion. But I hope the author could make them have a happily ever ending, beause they had already suffered through a lot of events. Can't wait to read the next book!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,452,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible