The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket

The Hostile Hospital (2001)

by Lemony Snicket

Other authors: Brett Helquist (Illustrator)

Series: A Series of Unfortunate Events (8)

On the run after being falsely accused of murder, the three Baudelaire orphans find themselves in the Heimlich Hospital, with the evil Count Olaf in close pursuit.

Why so much fire?! ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
WOULD YOU JUST TELL ME HOW YOU AND BEATRICE FIGURE INTO THE STORY? WOULD YOU, SNICKET???

Or will you just keep teasing me? ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
This series has dark humor, interesting characters, and a compelling storyline -- both a completed one within each book and then an overarching throughline within the whole series. I read them all in quick fashion several years ago, so this review lacks any more specifics than that. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Oct 22, 2018 |
These books just get more and more interesting! The first few books followed the same sort of formula and it became a little repetitive.
But in the "Ersatz Elevator" and onward, you started to learn more about the children's backstory, and the conspiracy behind the fire that burned down their house.
I cannot wait to read the next one and learn more.
Loved it :D ( )
  marie2830 | Sep 2, 2018 |
Oh, the first shadows of moral conflict! ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |

Snicket, Lemonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice — Summer without you is as cold as winter. Winter without you is even colder.
There are two reasons why a writer would end a sentence with the word "stop" written entirely in capital letters STOP.

As I read more of this series, I became more and more sorry for the Baudelaire Triplets. Everywhere they go, they would have to get haunted down by Count Olaf, and his stupid assistants! Well, at least they had some success in this book, they had burned down the hopital, but they still didn't capture that nasty old Count Olaf! I think that Count Olaf has been becoming more and more cruel as the book gets further and further. So far, this was the best successfully ending they ever had, well at least in my opinion. But I hope the author could make them have a happily ever ending, beause they had already suffered through a lot of events. Can't wait to read the next book!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,936,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible