Lunch Money by Andrew Clements

Lunch Money

by Andrew Clements

Fun, smart and full of concepts to teach the youngest children about the value of money. Many projects can come of the chapters from a class project to raise money to individual projects for each child to explore their talents and interests that could turn into income. If you are planning to plant entrepreneurial seeds in your students, this is a great place to start. They will definitely get a new appreciation for money. ( )
  Racquelhayes | Oct 2, 2018 |
I like this book as a child’s book. It was an easy read but it is certainty written for children. The drama was a little bit much for me but relatable to an older elementary/ young middle school child. I liked that it incorporated a lot of math concepts into an easy to read book, as well as copyright and technology issues. I also liked how the book briefly talked about gender neutral books and boy/girl themed books. ( )
  JaJennings | Sep 17, 2018 |
This book is about a boy whose ultimate goal was to make money. He saw everything as a business opportunity. When he gets caught selling his comic books to other students to make money, he and his friend found a way to present to the committee a way that everyone can benefit from selling their comic books. I thought this book pretty good. It's definitely a book for 3rd graders and up. It provided lots of information about how to make money and I think kids can learn a little about managing money and the value of things. ( )
  rferia | Sep 12, 2018 |
This book contains not only themes in math and finance, but also other important themes as well. The themes that I appreciate most involved the main character's social interactions with his peers, as well as his developing moral character. In the book, we are introduced to a girl named Maura- a girl that Greg doesn't like very much, but through a shared interest, both Maura and Greg come to develop a mutual liking and respect for one another. Through their interactions, on one occasion, Greg even feels an emotion that he hadn't felt before- one that he couldn't fully describe, but that I would describe as altruism. At the end, we also see Greg develop a sense of fairness, as well as a sense of self-awareness through introspection. I think this book contains a lot of teach-worthy themes and would facility positive, altruistic thinking in any child who reads it. ( )
  albethea | Sep 12, 2018 |
Lunch money is the story of Greg Kenton a child with an understanding of the value of money but just a little too much desire to obtain it. Greg is a bright, athletic and hard working boy who is always on the look out to find a way to make more money. His desire to obtain this money has exposed him to many life lessons such as the value of hard work, marketing, and even convenience fees. However his competition with his neighbor also brings out the negative traits that a focus on making money at any cost will expose. When Greg starts up his latest money making venture and his neighbor creates a similar product the sparks fly. This book interweaves math and economics throughout the story which is quite a feat and one I had not experienced in any other reading. It was the relationships and comedy that helped to keep my interest especially the blood shy math teacher. ( )
  Kevin-Kelley | Sep 11, 2018 |

Andrew Clementsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Selznick, BrianIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

MEET GREG KENTON, BILLIONAIRE IN THE MAKING.

Greg Kenton has two obsessions -- making money and his long-standing competition with his annoying neighbor, Maura Shaw. So when Greg discovers that Maura is cutting into his booming Chunky Comics business with her own original illustrated minibooks, he's ready to declare war.

The problem is, Greg has to admit that Maura's books are good, and soon the longtime enemies become unlikely business partners. But their budding partnership is threatened when the principal bans the sale of their comics in school. Suddenly, the two former rivals find themselves united against an adversary tougher than they ever were to each other. Will their enterprise -- and their friendship -- prevail?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:01 -0400)

Twelve-year-old Greg, who has always been good at moneymaking projects, is surprised to find himself teaming up with his lifelong rival, Maura, to create a series of comic books to sell at school.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,629,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible