All Around the Town (1992)

by Mary Higgins Clark

A student obsessed with her English professor is accused of his murder, but cannot remember how her fingerprints could possibly have been found at the scene of the crime.

English (12)  German (1)  All languages (13)
I loved this story. Full of suspense all the way to the very end. I really felt true emotion for the characters; sincere caring for the "good guys", loathing for the "bad guys". ( )
  gsteinbacher | Dec 30, 2021 |
I enjoyed this thriller. I purchased this at a library sale and I voluntarily chose to review this. The only thing that slowed me down was the voice of each character including the 4 who belonged to the main character. I've rated it a 4.7*. There certainly was a lot of action and odd things going on. It wrapped up very nicely at the end but I didn't guess who the real who done it was, till the very end. This was a very engageing read. ( )
  NancyLuebke | Mar 27, 2021 |
From Amazon:

When Laurie Kenyon, a twenty-one-year-old student, is accused of murdering her English professor, she has no memory of the crime. Her fingerprints, however, are everywhere. When she asks her sister, attorney Sarah, to mount her defense, Sarah in turn brings in psychiatrist Justin Donnelly. Kidnapped at the age of four and victimized for two years, Laurie has developed astounding coping skills. Only when the unbearable memories of those lost years are released can the truth of the crime come out—and only then can the final sadistic plan of her abductor, whose obsession is stronger than ever, be revealed.

My Thoughts:

This is an intense journey into the dark world of child abuse and Multiple Personality Disorder. The story will grip your attention and not let go until the last page is finished. Anyone who enjoys a well turned mystery will certainly like this book. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I have read this book a couple of times because I like it so much. A little girl is kidnapped for a year at the age four and during that time developed multiple personalities to cope. She never knew the others were there until she meets with a psychiatrist when she is accused with murder of her professor. ( )
  midkid88 | Aug 6, 2012 |
Somehow or another I lost the original annotation of this in the ether. I probably haven’t read a Clark novel in over 30 years and it was good for a change. I was surprised that it was a graphic as it was. Actually there was more implication than description. A young girl was kidnapped and kept for 2 years by a sicko preacher and his wife. She is now is college and is trying to not to remember what happened to her. When the young woman is accused of killing her English professor, the sister gets her to a psychiatrist who discovers that she has developed multiple personalities to deal with the abuse she suffered as a child. ( )
  judithrs | Aug 1, 2011 |

Mary Higgins Clarkprimary authorall editionscalculated
Talvio-Jaatinen, PirkkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my newest grandson, Justin Louis Clark, with love and joy.
Ten minutes before it happened, four-year-old Laurie Kenyon was sitting cross-legged on the floor of the den rearranging the furniture in her dollhouse.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,054,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible