Selected poems of Robert Browning (1896)

by Robert Browning

Nineteen poems by Robert Browning include "My Last Duchess," "Porphyria's Lover," "Fra Lippo Lippi," and "Love among the Ruins."

With woodcuts by Ian McNab ( )
  AgedPeasant | Oct 23, 2020 |
For me, Browning is just the best. He can be as light as a souffle (but with a sharp kick), and achingly profound. He can build characters and he can be terrifying - not many psychological thrillers can be so chilling so succinctly as Porphyria's Lover, and he can capture the sweetness of first love. He's also shamefully neglected. ( )
  enitharmon | Jan 14, 2019 |
  enitharmon | Jan 14, 2019 |
Book Description: N.Y.: Thomas Y. Crowell, 1896. G . Red blind stamped cloth cober. pgs browning due top age. basic wear. includes ephemera: newspaper article from 1948 about Robert Browning & Elizabeth Browning (Their romantic story). pgs browning due to age. basic wear. Binding is Hard Cover.
  Czrbr | Jun 7, 2010 |
Not my favorite poet. ( )
  stpnwlf | Jul 16, 2007 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

A peep through my window if folk prefer;
But, please you, no foot over threshold of mine.
"HOUSE"
Dedicated to Alfred Tennyson; in poetry - illustrious and consummate, in friendship - noble and sincere.
Biographical introduction
When some depreciator of the familiar declared the "Only in Italy is there any romance left," Browinng replied, "Ah! well, I should like to include poor old Camberwell," and "poor old Camberwell," where Robert Browning was born, May 7, 1812, offered no meagre nurture for the fancy of a child gifted with the ardor that greatens and glorifies the real.

Legacy Library: Robert Browning

Robert Browning has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Robert Browning's legacy profile.

See Robert Browning's author page.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,586,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible