I Love You, Ronnie: The Letters of Ronald…

I Love You, Ronnie: The Letters of Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan

by Nancy Reagan

The letters of Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan from the 1950's through the 1990's.
  SABC | Nov 9, 2016 |
I don't think anyone could help being a little bit in love with Ronald Reagan after reading this book. The expressions of his love for Nancy are so disarming, disingenuous and powerful that they gave me almost constant chills.

I gave it four stars instead of five because the reproductions of his handwritten notes are sometimes separated by several pages from where the words are reproduced in the text, so sometimes I struggled to decipher his handwriting only to find the note typed out in her narrative several pages later. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
A sweet, sweet testament to an iconic love story. Nancy Reagan writes of her romance with Ronald Reagan. Interspersed between Nancy's musings are letters, cards, and telegrams written by "Ronnie" to his beloved wife. The love which they felt for one another is evident on every single page. Included are many pictures as well as photos of the original letters. A touching read celebrating a great romance. ( )
  briandrewz | Feb 1, 2014 |
I Love You, Ronnie can be devoured in under an hour. While reading it, I kept recalling images of Nancy Reagan leaning across Ronald Reagan’s coffin and patting it as she spoke to him and saying her personal goodbyes. The image was touching: a spouse completely and totally in love with her husband, mourning his passing. It would appear from the letters that Ronald Reagan was equally devoted. There certainly were some anachronisms present in the way that Reagan regarded his wife and family, but he did seem completely enamored with them—particularly Nancy, his help-mate. ( )
  Voracious_Reader | Apr 13, 2011 |
This may well be the last president to leave letters to his wife behind.Soon we will be reprinting emails, even text messages. The book is nicely done with photographs, copies of a valentine,Thanksgiving card, even a mother's day greeting.even telegraphs. ( )
  carterchristian1 | Sep 4, 2010 |

No matter what else was going on in his life or where he was—travelling to make movies for G.E., in the California governor's office, at the White House, or on Air Force One, and sometimes even from across the room—Ronald Reagan wrote letters to Nancy Reagan, to express his love, thoughts, and feelings, and to stay in touch. Through letters and reflections, the characters, personalities, and private lives of a president and his first lady are revealed. Nancy Reagan comments on the letters and writes with love and insight about her husband and the many phases of their life together.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:19 -0400)

A collection of correspondences between Nancy and Ronald Reagan allows a glimpse into their lives and illustrates the deep love and compassion they have for each other.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,834,265 books! | Top bar: Always visible