Eating Well for Optimum Health by Andrew…

Eating Well for Optimum Health

by Andrew Weil

Read by the Author Three Cassettes, 5 hours From one of our most trusted authorities on health and alternative health care, a comprehensive and reassuring audiobook about food, diet, and nutrition. Building on the scientific and philosophical underpinnings of hisSpontaneous Healing-- the body's capacity to heal itself -- and presenting the kind of practical information that informed his enormous best-seller8 Weeks to Optimum Health,Dr. Weilnow provides us with a program for improving our well-being by making informed choices about how and what we eat. He explains the safest and most effective ways to lose weight; how diet can affect energy and sleep; how foods can exacerbate or minimize specific physical problems; how much fat to include in our diet; what nutrients are in which foods; and much, much more. He makes clear that an optimal diet will both supply the basic needs of the body and fortify the body's defenses and mechanisms of healing. And he provides easy-to-prepare recipes in which the food is as sensually satisfying as it is beneficial. Eating Well for Optimum Healthstands to change -- for the better and the healthier -- our most fundamental ideas about eating.… (more)

Gets a little to scientificy for me at times but the general nature of the book is pleasing and easy to follow and makes more sense than a diet book. ( )
  MarkPSadler | Jan 17, 2016 |
I think this is the second most important book I have read on food and health. I bought this book about 10 years ago and just got around to reading it. The information has held the test of time well. Barbara Kingsolver's book, Animal Vegetable, Miracle, was the first book on food that really revolutionized the way I was feeding my family - I rate this book a close second - only because it is more scientific and technical in nature. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
This book was very eye opening for me. Things I have assumed all of my life were turned around by Dr. Weil explaining the science of nutrition.
Dr. Weil mentions many correlations, but is careful to explain that just because there is a correlation it doesn't mean there is a causation. ( )
  bbeyeler | Nov 17, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,507,686 books! | Top bar: Always visible