Scrambled Eggs Super (1954)

by Dr. Seuss

Tired of scrambled eggs always tasting the same, Peter T. Hooper goes on a great egg hunt for his new recipe.

I don't think I've found a book that's more fun to read out lout to a bunch of kids. ( )
  neverstopreading | Jul 11, 2018 |
Scrambled eggs super! by Dr. Seuss
Peter knows his the best cook he tells Liz. Rhyming children's book about how he discovers a new way to make scrambled eggs.
He has tried all kinds of new things. Hen's eggs are what are used-he has other ideas.
Love all the new silly words, wicked funny.
I received this review book from The Kensington Books and this is my honest opinion. ( )
  jbarr5 | Feb 6, 2018 |
Dr. Seuss is always a good book to read to children. It is very entertaining and rhymes so it can keep their attention. ( )
  ma839 | Oct 20, 2015 |
Summary: This book was about Peter T. Hooper, who made scrambled eggs from exotic animals. He believed that you can make a great creation out of eggs from different animals besides one from a hen. Therefore, he traveled all around the world to try to find different eggs to make scrambled eggs out of. He described the various strategies he had to use to steal the eggs and all the different animals he got the eggs from. He even got some of his friends in on the plan and had them steal eggs too. At the end, he combined all of these eggs together with some other ingredients to make a delicious scrambled egg meal.

Review: I thought this book was a creative way to take a simple thing, like making scrambled eggs, into a fun adventure. Dr. Seuss is always creative when it comes to making up rhymes and creating an effective story line. Overall, I think the main idea of this book was to embrace your imagination and to not be afraid to try new things. In this book, Peter T. Hooper, was very imaginative when he decided to get eggs from all the animals. He was also not afraid to try a whole new scrambled egg creation, even though he knew it could have turned out bad. He also described each animal and how he took them, "and that bird is so mean and that bird is so fast that I had to escape on a Jill-ikka-Jast" (48). Overall, encouraging imagination is very prevalent in this book and I think it is also fun to show children that you can play with words in a book. Peter T. Hooper was also adventurous and ready to explore new places to find what he needed. I thought this book would be great to use for a poetry unit. ( )
  jbaile14 | Nov 28, 2014 |
A book about cooking all types of eggs, ( )
  abarnes012892 | Nov 21, 2012 |
For LIBBY, ORLO, BRAD and BARRY CHILDS
I don't like to brag and I don't like to boast,
Said Peter T. Hooper, but speaking of toast
And speaking of kitchens and ketchup and cake
And kettles and stoves and the stuff people bake . . .
Well, I don't like to brag, but I'm telling you, Liz,
That speaking of cooks, I'm the best that there is!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,664,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible