The Paper Princess by Elisa Kleven

The Paper Princess

by Elisa Kleven

Exuberant, cheering art, not 'girly' but just delightful... full of detail that a young reader could spend a long time looking at.  Two boys even play key roles in this adventure of a paper doll.  Now I want to make a paper doll, and color a meadow on the back of her, and make for her a sweater and a banjo and a bed.... ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
46 months - A very creative story, we very much enjoyed it. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
A paper-doll princess designed by a little girl blows away in the wind before the doll is completed. Her far-flung adventures are illustrated with mixed-media collage. "Youngsters will no doubt be inspired to fire up their crayons, markers and paints after this outing." ( )
  kmunsey | Jan 22, 2013 |

A gust of wind sends a paper princess flying. ?Wait! I didn?t finish you,? cries the little girl who made her. ?I?ll finish myself,? calls the princess, and the wind carries her away, over a meadow and a river, to a carnival and a town, until finally she finds her way home. Elisa Kleven?s ?mixed-media collages are a kaleidoscope of color and activity, encompassing a vast, multiracial cast of happy people? (Publishers Weekly). ?The best book yet from this talented author/illustrator, and one that children will love.? -- School Library Journal, starred review Elisa Kleven?s award-winning picture books include her own Ernst and The Lion and the Little Red Bird, the illustrations for Abuela, by Arthur Dorros, and her most recent book for Dutton, The Puddle Pail. She lives near San Francisco, California.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:45 -0400)

A little girl makes a picture of a princess that comes to life and is carried off by the wind.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,816,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible