Explorers on the Moon (The Adventures of Tintin) (1954)

by Hergé

Series: Tintin {Hergé} (17)

Tintin and his friends are involved in the first manned flight to the moon which proves perilous.

English (10)  Danish (3)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (15)
Fun. Captain Haddock drunk in antigravity having smuggled his whiskey inside a fake book Guide to Astronomy was very amusing. I particularly liked the author's mentions of the Adonis meteorite, and the places on the moon itself - The Sea of Nectar, Craters Bailly and Hipparchus. ( )
  AChild | Mar 12, 2021 |
Two words: Reaction mass.

That said, this and Destination Moon are what got me interested in rocketry. A most lovely re-visit. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
Mayores de 8 años
  Alba26 | Aug 23, 2019 |
A continuation of the story that begin in The Adventures of Tintin: Destination Moon, which together have constituted my first real experience with the Tintin comics. I said after reading the first one that I found parts of it mildly amusing, but wasn't necessarily getting a good sense of why this series is so popular and well-loved. Well, I think it's growing on me. I'm not sure what made the difference. Maybe it's that being on the moon is more interesting than getting ready to go to the moon, or maybe I just needed a little more exposure. But I actually laughed out loud a couple of times here, and, to my surprise, found myself genuinely getting into the story.

I'm not sure if I'll ever read any more Tintin, but I am beginning to see the appeal. ( )
  bragan | Apr 5, 2016 |
Another enjoyable adventure with Tintin and crew, though I am worried about Captain Haddock's drink problem. Smuggling whisky on board a spacecraft is not a good idea.

Some interesting "predictions" from Hergé, including the presence of water beneath the lunar surface and the iconic importance of the image of human footprints in the lunar dust. ( )
  Michael.Rimmer | Mar 9, 2014 |

HergéAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jones, DafyddTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lonsdale-Cooper, LeslieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Turner, MichaelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zendrera, ConcepciónTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,428,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible