Immortal: Love Stories With Bite

by P. C. Cast (Editor), Leah Wilson (Editor)

Other authors: Rachel Caine (Contributor), Kristen Cast (Contributor), Claudia Gray (Contributor), Nancy Holder (Contributor), Tanith Lee (Contributor)3 more, Richelle Mead (Contributor), Cynthia Leitich Smith (Contributor), Rachel Vincent (Contributor)

Series: Evernight (prequel), Love Stories with Bite (1)

In Immortal: Love Stories With Bite, edited by New York Times bestselling author of the House of Night series P.C. Cast, seven of today's most popular YA vampire and contemporary fantasy authors offer new short stories that prove that when you're immortal, true love really is forever. Rachel Caine (the Morganville Vampires series) revisits the setting of her popular series, where the vampires are in charge and love is risky. Cynthia Leitich Smith (Tantalize) gives us a love triangle between a vampire, a ghost and a human girl, in which none of them are who or what they seem. Claudia Gray (Ever.… (more)

This was a great read...but it was kind of scary reading the whole thing by candle light during a power outage. ( )
  nagshead2112 | Apr 27, 2021 |
  nagshead2112 | Apr 27, 2021 |
This book is a compilation of many short stories about vampires. But not all vampires are the same in this book. They are described to look, act and do different things. Each story has potential, but it wasn't great.

Keeping in mind that I have never read a book filled with short stories, I wasn't expecting much. It did deliver, but the issue with short stories is that the story seems rushed and badly finished. This happened with each story, except for the last one. 'Free' by Claudia Gray was the only one that I have felt that it had a good beggining, middle and end. Other than that, characters fell in love quickly and the story ended abruptly leaving you thinking what the heck is going to happen next since the story doesn't seem finished whatsoever.

Some of these stories could have turned out great if written as an actual book. But since I'm rating it as a whole book and since the stories could have been better developed, I would rate this a 2 star book. ( )
  SofiaReis | Mar 14, 2021 |
Free by Claudia Gray - 5
Expect the unexpected in this story, a good read, not quite HEA
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
A really fun collection of Young Adult vampire romance stories ... just fun escapism :-)

Adrianne ( )

Smith, Cynthia LeitichContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vincent, RachelContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Abuata, YaraProofreadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Brown, EmilyProofreadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
PerfecTypeText design & compositionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
SY DesignCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
On my way to work, I pass the worn-out white cottage where I lived as a little kid. ['Haunted Love']
From their place in the bowels of the Underworld, the Furies, Daughters of Night, summon their son. ['Amber Smoke']
Living in West Texas is sort of like living in Hell, but without the favorable climate and charming people. ['Dead Man Stalking']
The moment I saw him, I knew. ['Table Manners']
I was trapped. ['Blue Moon']

"When you're immortal, true love really is forever."

Immortal is an anthology of stories about the beauty, passion and terror of love affairs between mortals and vampires.

Contains:
  • Blue Moon / Richelle Mead
  • Changed / Nancy Holder
  • Binge / Rachel Vincent
  • Free / Claudia Gray

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,636,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible