Milk and Honey by Faye Kellerman

Milk and Honey

by Faye Kellerman

English (16)  Dutch (1)  All languages (17)
In addition to a good plot, engaging writing, and wonderfully real characters, this book manages to address PTSD without explicitly doing so. The characters are simply coping with more or less success. It's especially impressive given that, when it was written, PTSD wasn't nearly as much discussed as it is now. ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
This series is a slow one for me, I only pick one up every once in a while. I still find them interesting, if a little dated. This one starts out with a small child that is found unsupervised in the middle of the night, which of course tugged at my heart strings. The child leads Decker to a murder mystery, and along the way he’s also trying to clear a fellow Vietnam vet of some nasty charges.

The book jumped around a lot and just didn’t leave much of an impression on me. Other than the small child involved, I didn’t feel much for any of the perpetrators/victims in either plot line. Rina plays a very small part in the story, and seems to only be there as a recipient of some information about Decker’s past. It wasn’t weak enough for me to give up on the series, but I won’t be rushing out to pick up the next one either. ( )
  miyurose | Mar 31, 2017 |
Ditto from the first of this series..."Predictable, mindless, wondered why I was reading it until the end." Also, being predictable, I downloaded the third of the series. What are vacations for, right? ( )
  LouisaK | Feb 2, 2016 |
To the family—Jonathan, Mom, and the kids.

And to my breakfast buddies: Elyse Wolf, Lynn Rohatiner, Debi Benaron, and Frieda Katz.
The flutter of movement was so slight that had Decker not been a pro, he would have missed it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380732688, Mass Market Paperback)

In the silent pre-dawn city hours -- alone with his thoughts about Rina Lazarus, the woman he loves, three thousand miles away in New York -- LAPD detective Peter Decker finds a small child, abandoned and covered in blood that is not hers. It is a sobering discovery, and a perplexing one, for nobody in the development where she was found steps forward to claim the little girl. Obsessed more deeply by this case than he imagined possible, Decker is determined to follow the scant clues to an answer. But his trail is leading him to a killing ground where four bodies lie still and lifeless. And by the time Rina returns, Peter Decker is already held fast in a sticky mass of hatred, passion, and murder -- in a world where intense sweetness is accompanied by a deadly sting.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:53 -0400)

A Los Angeles cop and a Jewish widow team up to solve the sticky murder of a family of beekeepers in California.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,818,439 books! | Top bar: Always visible