SQL and Relational Theory: How to Write Accurate SQL Code

by C. J. Date

1132237,832 (4)None
SQL is full of difficulties and traps for the unwary. You can avoid them if you understand relational theory, but only if you know how to put the theory into practice. In this insightful book, author C.J. Date explains relational theory in depth, and demonstrates through numerous examples and exercises how you can apply it directly to your use of SQL. This second edition includes new material on recursive queries, "missing information" without nulls, new update operators, and topics such as aggregate operators, grouping and ungrouping, and view updating. If you have a modest-to-a… (more)

Reading this on my phone as an epub, so it's a bit slow going. I have the older edition of this in print, but it's changed enough that I'm trying to stick to the newer material.
  tlockney | Sep 7, 2014 |
  tlockney | Feb 5, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

O'Reilly Media

An edition of this book was published by O'Reilly Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,732,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible