Mary, Mary (2005)

by James Patterson

Series: Alex Cross (11)

FBI agent Alex Cross is after a serial murder who chooses as his victims women who've neglected their children for successful careers in the entertainment industry, he describes the murders in overheated e-mails he addresses to his victims but sends to hapless entertainment columnist Arnold Griner, signing them "Mary Smith."… (more)

English (61)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (67)
I read it this week at work and loved it. I just bought the next book in the series and then I will be caught up on his series. I really enjoyed this book a lot and was surprised by the ending, Few books do that to me. ( )
  KyleneJones | Apr 25, 2022 |
Somebody is murdering Hollywood's A-list. Mary Smith is targeting Hollywood stars and power brokers, and she is getting better every time.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 17, 2021 |
I liked this story. I liked the less action more research in this novel. I also like the "voice" of Mary Smith. The plot was deceptively simple yet complex. Yet it had me guessing until the end. It was also kind of sad. Talked to loneliness and over worked underappreciated single mother's who need help. As a single mother I can understand the feeling though not the result. I was sure there was more to it than met the eye and I was correct ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |
Patterson's Alex Cross novels are like the very tastiest junk food (and I love junk food). His characters are human and well formed and his plots, while not the most complicated, are meaty enough. Even his short chapter structure makes it easy reading. Mary Mary is quintessential. A serial killer starts in New York, moves to LA and sends emails describing each kill. The emails are from Mary Smith. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |
Mary Mary: Patterson started off telling me about a nasty murder with a few clues. Then he left me and wandered away telling me about the detective’s nasty divorce and his children.
I gave it up.
Mr Patterson, if I wanted Mills and Boon, that’s what I would buy. Can I have my money back, please? ( )
  Novak | Sep 30, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

This one is for my buds-Johnny, Frankie, Ned, Jim and Jim, Steve, Mike, Tom, and Tom, Merrill, David, Peter, B.J., Del, Hal, Ron, Mickey and Bobby, Joe, Art.

And it's for Mary Jordan, who makes it all work somehow, and who couldn't be more different from the notorious Mary, Mary.
ACT ONE, SCENE ONE, the Storyteller thought to himsef, and couldn't hold back a dizzying rush of anticipation

Somebody is murdering Hollywood's A-list. Her calling card: "You've got mail." On a family vacation, FBI agent Alex Cross is asked to investigate the shooting of a top actress...and an e-mail sent to the Los Angeles Times with shocking details about the murder, signed Mary Smith. More killings and more e-mails follow, and Mary Smith is getting better every time. To hunt down this merciless killer of Tinseltown's elite, Cross must navigate a world where the stars sip San Pellegrino at the Ivy as hopefuls hover around studio gates with 8 X 10 glossies. And when the case catapults into blockbuster proportions, Cross and the LAPD scramble to find a pattern--before Mary sends one more chilling update.

Hachette Book Group

4 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 031615976X, 0446619035, 1594830932, 0316154768

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,318,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible