His Wicked Ways by Samantha James

His Wicked Ways

by Samantha James

140None85,734 (3.75)None

When Cameron MacKay, his brothers, and his father are ambushed by what they think are the Munro Clan, Cameron vows vengence. Having losing his father and his brother, he is Laird of his clan now, and knows that he has to strike a blow to the one that deceived him and his brothers. So he plans on kidnapping the young beautiful daughter who is in the priory and has been for some time. When Meredith is attacked and having not knowing the culprit, she enters the priory, not knowing who to trust in her own home. But then she is kidnapped by Cameron MacKay and having a viotile personality, she has great fear of the one that holds her life in the palm of his hand. Cameron blaming Meredith's father for his families death, he wants him to suffer a small portion of the way he is suffering. So he plans a way for it to look like Meredith has died, and since she is his only daughter, he knows it is the perfect way. However he hardly knows what to do now, that he has Meredith, all he knows is that she unlike any other woman he has known. She entices and captivates his attention, and he goes about to defending her to his clan. Time goes by, and before Cameron realizes it he finds a tender response that he feels toward the one he once saw as his enemy, he now wants as his lover and the mother of his future child. Throughout this book there is a tender love story that will break down the harden walls of Cameron's heart and show him the meaning of true love.

I really have enjoyed reading this, and the more that I read of Samantha James, the more I love her!!! She has such a way with her writing, that captures the attention of her readers, where she definitely has won a place on my bookshelves of books to keep. I found Meredith having such a inner strength, that I found endearing. Even though she is taken into the Clan of MacKay, who despise her at first, she eventually finds a way to make friends, and really connect with those that viewed her once as a most hated enemy. Cameron is a bitter man who hates the Munroe Clan, and for good reason. However it was interesting seeing him soften up his heart toward Meredith, who is a loving and gentle woman who doesn't understand the hatred that is directed to her and those that she loves. I found it to be a very compelling story that pulled at my heart strings, from beginning to end I found it to be a very vivid story. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2013 |
Samantha James is hit and miss for me. Either I love her books or they bore me. This one bored me. ( )
  FrostKitty | Oct 8, 2010 |
This is the first romance novel I've read that earned 5 stars.

There are three main reasons this book was one of the best I've ever read.

First, the story isn't some simple love story with an obvious ending. Granted, it's a romance novel so of course the ending is pretty obvious... but it deals with very human themes - the war/prejudice between the two groups of people, loving someone who's alternately hurt and helped you, the brutality and emotional aftermath of abuse.

Secondly, the two main characters have a believable chemistry and love that develops in a timely manner. At the onset, there is no, "her heaving bosom revealed her true feelings!" I cannot tell you how many times a novel loses me when from the first line a love that is completely impossible - really, impossible - develops.

Thirdly, the events that happen - although dramatic at times - are still realistic. There isn't anything completely outlandish and the characters behave in a way that made me feel that it all went well together.

I love this book. To be honest, when I read the summary on the back I had no idea I would really like it at all - but it was well worth the time, and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a romance novel that has a bit "deeper" material. ( )
  grrrsuperlauren | May 22, 2009 |
When Cameron McKay kidnaps Meredith Munro from a priory, he wants only to make his sworn enemy (her father) believe that she is dead. But Meredith eventually charms him, and he decides to make her his wife. An entertaining story. ( )
  Elishibai | Jun 17, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380805863, Mass Market Paperback)

Setting: Scottish Highlands, early 1200s
Sensuality Rating: 7

Shortly before she is to take her nun's vows, Meredith Munro is kidnapped from the Connyridge Priory by a man who seems to hate her as much as he is determined to take her. Cameron MacKay, the last of a once powerful clan, burns with the need for revenge against the Clan Munro, whom he blames for the murder of his father and six brothers. As the beloved daughter of Red Angus Munro, Meredith is the perfect tool. Who better to provide the MacKays with an heir and a chance for their clan's survival but the only child of his worst enemy? But Cameron is surprised by the resistance he encounters in this one small woman, and reluctantly recognizes her incandescent beauty and plucky courage. The captor is soon captivated by his lovely prisoner. And together, Cameron and Meredith heal the wounds of memories too long suffered alone and reunite two clans wrapped in a blood feud for centuries. --Alison Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:02 -0400)

Cameron MacKay's bold plan to kidnap his sworn enemy's daughter runs afoul of love when he falls under the enchanting Meredith's spell.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,494,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible