The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie…

The Immortal Highlander (2004)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Highlander Saga (6)

The Immortal Highlander
4 Stars

One of the highlights is the connection to Moning's Fever series. While I am not a rabid fan of the books, primarily due to Mac's vacuousness and the excessively drawn out writing style, the detailed world building, engrossing Fae invasion plot and Barrons (*swoon*) make them worthwhile.

The insight in The Immortal Highlander into the backstory of a Sidhe-seer family and the history behind Darroc's relationship with Adam are particularly intriguing and add to my appreciation of both Adam and Gabby's story and Mac's struggles in the spin-off.

Another excellent aspect of the book is the return of Gwen and Drustan, and Chloe and Daegus from the previous two installments - it was great catching up with their romances.

Now to Adam and Gabby. To be honest, I was expecting more from Adam's redemption. Yes, he is gorgeous, sensual and sexy but he doesn't seem to learn humility or what it really means to be human until the last few pages. There should have been a more gradual development and recognition of his humanity. Gabrielle, on the other hand, is my type of heroine, full of spice and sass. She definitely gives Adam a run for his money and their interactions are wonderful.

Overall, this is a fun read but it doesn't quite succeed in knocking Daegus off his pedestal. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
This book wasn't as good as the 2 before in the series. I enjoyed the storyl-line however all the "recaps" got a bit tiresome, considering I had just finished reading the previous books in the series, I don't think I needed to know all that was told, even if I hadn't read those books, they gave away the plot of them and I would have rather been intrigued to read them - just my thoughts there. Other than that I liked Adam and Gabby. Gabby cracked me up a few times. I started to see a bit of the "before" and stuff leading up to the fever series.. which was kinda interesting. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
"4.5 out of 5 stars! It's a wonderful love story! Loved the characters! In addition..."

Read more of this review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-dont-know-but-i-think-i-mayb...

My Throwback Thursday Book Reviews -- Secondary Book Promo for this novel: https://youtu.be/U8pOtQ844R0 ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Jan 21, 2018 |
Loved this story! I knew from the start of the series that Adam Black was a good fay! ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
I would give this Audio book at 3.5
Certainly this audio book and all of the books of it's genre are basically formula stuff but
I needed to get my fix of highlanders, immortal fey and beautiful virgins seduced by such Alpha males.
As I said, the book is follows the basic formulae for it's genre, namely:
(1) virgin Seer who can see fey like Adam when no one else can.
(2)Hero who's gorgeous, sexy, tall, and well endowed.
(3)Travel either to or from Scotland.
(4)Our hero and heroine get separated.
(6)There is tearful reunion.
(7)They fall in love and live happily ever after.
and of course there is ample gratuitous sex.
In this installment, Prince Adam, upsets his Fae queen,gets sent to the human world without all of his latent fae powers although he can still sift from place to place, but he's invisible to humans except for Gabrielle, a sidhe-seer. Gabrielle has been taught to avoid the fae and not let them know that she can see them, on pain of death or worse. She spends a lot of time avoiding Adam, but he keeps reappearing until she agrees to help him. Need I add that Adam is devastatingly gorgeous and Gabrielle has always dreamed of being loved by a Fae immortal which has ruined her past relationships with mere mortal men. A romance slowly develops between the two.
However, Adam's is being pursued by his arch enemy, Darroc and Adam and Gabrielle end up in Scotland at the MacKeltar's castle.(which didn't mean as much to me since I haven't read any other book in this series. Adam's is a your usual self centered, egotistical fae immortal but with a surprisingly tender, vulnerable, and loving side. In Adam, Gabrielle gets everything she has dreamed of her entire life and I'm Looking forward to reading (or listening to) the next book in the series!

Jack Murphy ( )
  urph818 | Aug 11, 2016 |

Karen Marie Moningprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gigante, PhilReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Accornero, FrancoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Arvor, Nellie d'Traductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gailová, LuciaSprechersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Adam Black stood in the central chamber of the stone catacombs beneath The Belthew Building and watched as Chloe Zanders stumbled about, searching for her Highland lover, Dageus MacKeltar.
"Never has a mortal woman lived and breathed who could say no to a bit of fairy tail" - Adam

"Brutality is the refuge of the dull of the mind, Kalyrra. Only a fool conquers when he might instead seduce" adam

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440237564, Mass Market Paperback)

Enter a world of timeless seduction, of ancient intrigue and modern-day passion. Enter the dazzling world of Karen Marie Moning, whose acclaimed Highlander novels have captivated readers, spanning the continents and the centuries, bringing ancient Scotland vividly to life. In a new novel brimming with time-travel adventure and sensual heat, the nationally bestselling author of The Dark Highlander delivers a love story that will hold you in thrall—and a hero you will most certainly never forget.

BEWARE: lethally seductive alpha male of immense strength and dark eroticism, do not look at him. Do not touch him. Do not be tempted. Do not be seduced.

With his long, black hair and dark, mesmerizing eyes, Adam Black is Trouble with a capital T. Immortal, arrogant, and intensely sensual, he is the consummate seducer, free to roam across time and continents in pursuit of his insatiable desires. That is, until a curse strips him of his immortality and makes him invisible, a cruel fate for so irresistible a man. With his very life at stake, Adam’s only hope for survival is in the hands of the one woman who can actually see him.

Enter law student Gabrielle O’Callaghan, who is cursed with the ability to see both worlds: Mortal and Faery. From the moment she lays eyes on this stunning male, Gabby is certain of one thing: He could be her undoing. Thus begins a long, dangerous seduction. Because despite his powerful strength and unquenchable hungers, Adam refuses to take a woman by force. Instead, he will tease his way into Gabby’s bed and make her want him just as he wants her.

Now, no matter how hard Gabby tries to avoid him, Adam is everywhere, invisible to all but her—perched atop her office cubicle in too-tight jeans, whispering softly from behind the stacks of the law library, stealing her breath away with his knowing smile…all the while tempting her with the promise of unimaginable pleasure in his arms. But soon danger will intrude on this sensual dance. For as Adam’s quest to regain his immortality plunges them into a world of timeless magic and the deadly politics of the Faery queen’s court, the price of surrender could be their very lives. Unless they can thwart the conspiracy that threatens both mortal and Faery realms…and give them a shot at a destiny few mortals ever know: glorious, wondrous, endless love.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:31 -0400)

Fae Adam Black was made mortal by the queen of the Seelie Court when he meddled in the affairs of humans once too often. Now he is arguing for a revocation of the curse with lawyer Gabrielle O'Callaghan to plead his case.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,694,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible