The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike

The Last Vampire (1994)

by Christopher Pike

English (8)  French (1)  All languages (9)
Don't you judge me. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Christopher Pike is an author I have loved since I was in high school. I have continued to love rereading his books during my adult years as well. I had never read any of his "Last Vampire" series though for some reason. I obviously decided to start to read them.

This book did not disappoint me because it had the usual Pike moments littered throughout it. There are moments that feel too big to be true, but that is what makes these books interesting to read. This book primarily focuses on Sita, who believes she is the last vampire on earth. It is told in the first person through SIta's eyes. This makes the book pretty easy and straightforward to read because you understand the vampire's emotions throughout the story. It also makes the moments where there is violence, somewhat gruesome at times, easier to swallow down.

The book doesn't feel like a twilight saga story, which made it interesting to be reading in our current age of people obsessed with vampires in literature. This book felt like it was about a girl who had a very different life than we, as humans, have had. It made it more realistic and poignant to me than it could have been for others that have read the story. It was interesting to here the story through her voice because there always seemed to be a bit of sadness when she remembered her past.

The moments of Sita's past are probably the best moments of the book because it is where you start to feel that the character is fully being fleshed out. You start to understand her better, but during the present day scenes you get that all this past has defined why she is able to do what she does. This book is written shockingly well since it was geared towards the young adult market of a different time period. I have to say overall I was pleased with the book and I liked it. It doesn't rank up there in my favorite books, but for a more fun guilty pleasure type of read this was perfect. I will be continuing this series! ( )
1 vote SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
This is so incredibly the best vampire book ever.

Sita (Alisa or Lara, whatever you want to call her) is a 5,000 year old vampire who is incredibly rich, incredibly beautiful, and yes, she likes blood.

Turns out, someone is trying to hunt her down. Even for someone 5,000 years old, she's got no desire to stop living!

I hearted this book when I was younger (how young, I don't quite remember...), and re-read it to see if I still thought it was worth my reminiscent praise. It is. ( )
1 vote csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
This is so incredibly the best vampire book ever.

csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
I read this series when I was a freshman in high school - it was some of the first vampire books that I read. I loved it - I may have to revisit this series again sometime soon! ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
I am a vampire, and that is the truth.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671872648, Mass Market Paperback)

Suspecting the detective she killed in self-defense is stalking her, a vampire becomes a high-school student to befriend the detective's son, with whom she falls in love. By the author of Bury Me Deep.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:19 -0400)

Alisa, a five-thousand-year-old vampire enters high school to befriend Ray, the son of the private detective she killed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,764,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible