Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

Bed of Roses (2009)

by Nora Roberts

Series: The Bride Quartet (2)

English (54)  Spanish (1)  All languages (55)
Not as good as the first book in the series.

We are told Emma and Jack are friends. Right at the beginning of this book they discover they are sexually attracted to each other. Soon they act on it. As the book goes on we learn Emma has had a crush on Jack on and off, but never acted on it, considering him off limits.

The problem was were are told they were such good friends, but never shown their friendship. They didn't have interactions establishing their friendship in the first book. What we are shown now is a relationship that is all about sex.

Jack had one scene in the prior book showing he has commitment issues. In this book his commitment issues are shown in Emma's actions and thoughts, not his.

For me there was too much about their sexual relationship, not enough about their friendship.

Emma gets points for being a Alan Rickman in Truly, Madly, Deeply.

But over all the book was a big disappointment. ( )
  nx74defiant | Aug 29, 2016 |
Bed of Roses
3 Stars

A straightforward and relaxing contemporary romance with no spectacular twists.

The emotional intensity and involvement in this installment is better than in the first, but the descriptions of Mac's vocation are more interesting as the focus on the flower business in the this is excessive. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
So I've just began reading Bed of Roses and so far so good... in love with these ladies and their business, and Emma is so romantic just like me, this makes me want to see her happily-ever-after more than any of the other girls.

I love Emma and Jack together and the date in the art gallery made me laugh so hard. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
A sweet romance from one of my favorite authors. ( )
  LeahDee | Jan 24, 2016 |
Though there are few surprises in this cute courtship, those with a TiVo full of Bridezillas should enjoy it, thanks largely to Roberts's effortless wit.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (Aug 24, 2009)

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And 'tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.
Wordsworth
Love is like a friendship caught on fire.
Bruce Lee
For girlfriends
Romance, in Emmaline's opinion, made being a woman special.

Since she was a little girl, Emma Grant has always loved romance. So it's really no surprise that she has found her calling as a wedding florist. She gets to play with flowers every day and work with her three best friends in the process. She couldn't ask for a better job. And on the surface, Emma's love life seems to be thriving. Slim and sultry, she brings color into every room she enters, just like the arrangements she creates. Though men swarm around her, she still hasn't found Mr. Right. And the last place she's looking is right under her nose. But that's just where Jack Cooke is. He's been best friends with Parker's brother for years, which makes him practically family. But the architect has begun to admit to himself that his feelings for Emma have developed into much more than friendship. And when Emma returns his passion - kiss for blistering kiss - things start to get complicated at Vows. Jack has never been big on commitment. Emma yearns for a lifelong love affair. And if the two are to find common ground, they must trust in their history - and in their hearts.

The four founders of Vows, Connecticut's premier wedding planning company, were childhood friends. Join in this colorful tangle of family ties, old friends, and newfound passion.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,465,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible