dismiss

Archangel's Kiss

by Nalini Singh

Series: Guild Hunter (2)

When her lover, the archangel Raphael, receives an invitation to a ball from the archangel Lijuan, Elena, who is still recovering from her transformation into an angel, must accompany him to Beijing, where a nightmare awaits them.

English (49)  Hungarian (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (51)
I enjoyed meeting more of the characters in the world, especially the big, bad angel's second in command. There are so many great secondary characters in this series. It's always a sign of an author's skills, when they can make you want to read about everyone else in their world. ( )
  JordanSummers | Mar 31, 2020 |
Listened ot audio narrated very well by Justine Eyre. Elena is healing and has to regain her strength and learn how to fight and defend herself with wings. She has a short time as Lijuan is holding a ball in her honor. With all of that there is also an angel plotting and murdering in the Refuge and Raphael and Elena are determined to hunt down and avenge the murders and the attack on an angel child. Lots going on, learn more about the Archangels and the horror that Lijuan is becoming.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
This book continues off pretty soon after the first book. Our heroine Elena is learning how to fight and learning to strengthen her wings so that she can learn to fly. They have two months to have her ready to meet one of the oldest of their kind and the most powerful. And Raphael and Elena need to be ready for any trick she may pull including trying to kill them. Elena is considered a "baby" and weak and can be killed pretty easily. But Elena is just as fierce in this book as she is in the first one. This story isn't as intense in building of plot and suspenseful moments, but it goes on a different take and one that I really liked. We see more focus on the emotional bonds between Raphael and Elena. The sexual tension between these two is enough to start a fire or more, boy these two have some wicked chemistry and see more focus on that in this story. Which is what I loved most about it, was seeing these two really come together in the way they both needed to. The supporting characters were unique and some of them were some bat crazy, we fall in love with a little boy angel and we get more of the "seven" and Elena holds her own where they are concerned. Overall this is a couple to keep your eye one...excited to see what the next book brings to us!!
Question To The Readers:

Have you read this series? What do you think of Raphael and Elena?

“They didn't understand that she held his heart, held it so utterly that there was nothing he wouldn't do, no line he wouldn't cross to keep her safe.

“We'll build our own home."
The promise curled around her heart, a vivid ray of sunlight. "In Manhattan?"
"Of course." A slow, slow smile. "What kind of mansion would you like?"
Damn, but the archangel was playing with her again. The sunshine grew, filled her veins.
"Actually, I kind of like yours." She slid her arms around his neck. "Can I have it? Oh, and can I have Jeeves, too? I've always wanted a butler."
"Yes."
She blinked. "Just like that?"
"It's only a place."
"We'll make it more," she promised, her mouth to his. "We'll make it ours.”

“But you, you’ve always been the rain, the wind, inside my mind. I taste you when I sleep, when I wake, when I breathe.” ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2019 |
3.5 stars

I liked this book better than Angel's Blood, though I had trouble recalling the details from the first book. I thought it was well-written and I enjoyed reading about the angel politics. My problem still lies with Elena and Raphael. I am not invested in them, so it's really hard to care about what happens with them. I felt the ending was a bit anti-climatic too. The book was interesting enough for me to want to read the next one. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Elena has to deal with past childhood horrors, as she learns how to be a newly made angel. Someone is showing signs that they want to become a new Archangel, and their ticket being her head. On top of that going on while Elena retrains her body to it's warrior physique, Lijuan, the oldest of the Archangels is growing an army of zombies (more or less). Lijuan is feared because her power is so supreme, that she believes herself to be a goddess. The other angels agree that she is not wholly of this world. Elena needs to survive her memories that weaken her, and the constant threats from Raphael's seven elite guards. They believe that she is weakening Raphael, she is causing him to become human. They rather her be dead than risk Raphael.

You get more of Raphael's view. The tenderness that he shows her is not at all the way angels are set up. They are ruthless and cruel and efficient. They both have had devastating childhoods, and I think that makes their pairing more enjoyable to read. You can see how they truly mesh well together.
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

We leave with the next sunrise.
Drip.
Drip. Drip.

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux wakes from a year-long coma to find that she has become an angel and that her lover, the stunningly dangerous archangel Raphael, likes having her under his control. But almost immediately, Raphael must ready Elena for a flight to Beijing, to attend a ball thrown by the archangel Lijuan.

Ancient and without conscience, Lijuan's power lies with the dead. And she has organized the most perfect and most vicious of welcomes for Elena.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,919,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible