The Prince of Beverly Hills by Stuart Woods

The Prince of Beverly Hills (2004)

by Stuart Woods

385None27,771 (3.48)5

fun, light reading! ( )
  barb302 | Jul 23, 2011 |
First of Woods' works that I read. What can I say, I was hooked on a new author -- and I needed to find another since I have such a small collection! ( )
  Hedgepeth | Feb 2, 2010 |
Good, but not my favorite time period. Anyone who like to old style Holywood flat foot would enjoy this I'm sure. ( )
  debavp | Apr 8, 2008 |
Unlike some (well, one) reader, I found this book very entertaining. I say this, because during the day, or watching TV at night, I found myself thinking about the fate of the main character, Rick Berron. I thought, why not go back and continue the story instead of watching this TV program? To me, a book that invades my daily routine when I am not reading the book is a good book. Something I can look forward to when I am unable (or unwilling) to stop what I am doing and pick up the story.

It is funny, I was thinking this 'hero' would be flawed in some way, succumb to some temptation, but he, well, I will leave that to the reader. It is definitely worth your time. ( )
  oldsetbuilder | Feb 14, 2008 |
Just terrible. I read the first 100 pages in a kind of unbelieving daze: could any full-length novel ostensibly aimed at adult readers be any more dumbed-down, trite and padded than this? I would have quit sooner, but my slack-jawed amazement at this book's awfulness kept me going for at least 50 pages alone. ( )
  mrtall | Sep 25, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451214625, Mass Market Paperback)

Rick Barron, a sharp, capable detective on the Beverly Hills force, finds himself demoted after a run-in with a superior officer, but he soon lands a job other cops only dream about: the security detail for Centurion Pictures, one of the hottest studios in the midst of Hollywood's golden age of the late 1930s. As the protector of the studio's interests, Barron looks after the elite of filmdom's stars - among them Clete Barrow, a British leading man with a penchant for parties, and Glenna Gleason, a peach of a talent on the verge of stardom." Rick's easy charm has society columnists dubbing him "the Prince of Beverly Hills," the white knight of movie stars, until he stumbles across a murder cover-up and a blackmail scam that threaten the studio's business and may have origins with some unsavory characters. When two suspicious deaths begin to look like a double murder, and an attempt is made on someone who has become an intimate friend, Barron knows he is up against wise guys whose stakes are nothing less than do-or-die. A dicey war of nerves is on.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:10 -0400)

"Rick Barron, a sharp, capable detective on the Beverly Hills force, finds himself demoted after a run-in with a superior officer, but he soon lands a job other cops only dream about: the security detail for Centurion Pictures, one of the hottest studios in the midst of Hollywood's golden age of the late 1930s. As the protector of the studio's interests, Barron looks after the elite of filmdom's stars - among them Clete Barrow, a British leading man with a penchant for parties, and Glenna Gleason, a peach of a talent on the verge of stardom."."Rick's easy charm has society columnists dubbing him "the Prince of Beverly Hills," the white knight of movie stars, until he stumbles across a murder cover-up and a blackmail scam that threaten the studio's business and may have origins with some unsavory characters. When two suspicious deaths begin to look like a double murder, and an attempt is made on someone who has become an intimate friend, Barron knows he is up against wise guys whose stakes are nothing less than do-or-die. A dicey war of nerves is on."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,492,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible