High Stakes

by Erin McCarthy

Series: Vegas Vampires (1)

With election year upon him, vampire politician and wealthy casino owner Ethan Carrick decides to up the ante as he searches Las Vegas for a suitable First Lady, a quest that leads him to sweet Brittany Baldizzi and her protective, no-nonsense, surprisingly sexy sister Alexis.

The Vegas Vampire series is a modern take on Vampires that strive to fit in. These paranormal romances are fun, witty and a quick read. The women in these novels whether human or vampire are strong but lovable. I recommend this this book as well of the others In this series. ( )
  ltl1red | Jul 9, 2019 |
Campy, light-hearted vamp story. President for the vamps is up for re-election and he is looking for a woman to improve his image. She's a tough as nails proscecutor deteremined to protect her sister from the rich billioinaire.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Fun vampire romance novel. A prosecuting attorney, Alexis, is trying to save her sister from what she believes is a rich playboy. It turns out the rich playboy is actually the President of the vampires and he's up for re-election. Alexis agrees to act as his girlfriend to get her sister our of his reach but slowly falls for him. Apparently the first in a series. Will be keeping an eye out for the others. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Feb 6, 2018 |
When Alexis decides she needs to save her sister from being brainwashed by a rich playboy in Sin City she has no idea what she is getting herself into. Alexis is a busy Lawyer who thinks her sister Brittany is in way over her head with Ethan Carrick. Alexis talks Brittany into going home and letting Alexis take her place as his "bimbo" on his arm because she thinks Brittany is way too sweet and innocent for the job and would just get hurt. What Alexis doesn't realize is that Ethan is the president of the Vampire Nation...making him THE vampire. He needs an edge for his political platform. He feels that if he has a mortal woman at his side he will be viewed as a "nicer" vampire for the election coming up. What he finds is that Alexis is a little stick of dynomite and she thinks he is a whacko.
I have read a couple of Erin McCarthy books and have to say she does lite whimsy fluff so well. Her sense of humor is witty and yet sarcastic enough to make me appreciate her characters to the max. Who else can have their characters call each other pet names such as BallBuster (or BB for short) and Garlic?
I gave this book a rating of 4.5 stars and will definitely read the next in the series. ( )
  ChristinaT. | Dec 3, 2016 |
A brainless read. I only read it because I knew I could finish it in one day.
That's a sad reason to read a book, now that I'm actually acknowledging it. Oh well. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,606,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible