The Manufactured Identity by Heath Sommer

The Manufactured Identity

by Heath Sommer

The Manufactured Identity is an interesting look at a complex set of lives and marriages that have a lot more going on than you would think upon the first look. The common thread among most of these relationships is that their partner has mysteriously gone missing, leaving behind a ton of questions and a lost sense of self in many cases...

To read the rest of my review, please visit my blog. ( )
  dorolerium | May 12, 2013 |
If your husband went missing what would you do? Heave a sigh of relief? Cry? Call the police after the appropriate 234 hour time limit? Many Texas women did at least one of these. If you lover went missing? Hope he didn’t die of AIDS? Ask around to your other pals if they have seen him? Go into counseling to work out your (and, presumably, his) issues? Many men and women also did one of these.
Through counseling sessions, Pete Mayberry has worked through at least some questions he has had over his lifetime. Does God love gays? Where will he go – After? What will he tell those he loves and who love him?
Curtis has his own problems. He can’t remember who he is. He does know he had over 10K in his sock when he woke up on a park bench. He knows he wasn’t hurt and has met people who swear they do know him. Counseling isn’t helping him, either as he feels it’s a load of crap.
Brought together by mutual losses, Addy, Lory, Jane and others are madder than sad. Why? Ask Frank, Pete, Curtis, Carson and John, Paul, George and maybe even Ringo. Heath Sommer wrote an interesting case study in this book and if I tell you anymore you won’t have reason to enjoy reading it. A worthwhile hang out on the front porch book just waiting for your attention. ( )
  macygma | Apr 20, 2011 |
Brilliant, oh my, if you enjoy psychological thrillers this is a must read. This book will mess with your head. If you love a good debate especially about marriage or how the mind works, you have to get this. This is a MUST. I loved it and I will definitely read again just to be able to know the ending and have that in my mind for the ride. You know the feeling of going on roller coaster ride for the first time then doing it again, that is the excited feeling I have now.

This is a book so hard to review because the story is complex and I don't want to spoil it.

I am an Employee Relations Manager and love the idea of counseling but am not a 'qualified counselor' so for me I enjoyed being in the mind of the counselor and also the clients.

The flow of the chapters were great also, I enjoyed the style, here are the headings for the parts of the book.....

Part 1 The First Awakenings
Part 2 The Second Awakenings
Part 3 The Dawn of Understanding
Part 4 The Manufactured Identities

This book is not for everyone, I can see many hating it, if you have strong opinions about religion and homosexuality maybe you should pass on this one. ( )
  marcejewels | Feb 26, 2010 |
I’m an avid reader and love books that will keep you thinking long after you’ve turned the last page….This is that book! Its an exciting suspense novel that moves at a fast pace. Trying to figure out what is going on and how the characters are connected kept me totally intrigued. I ended up reading the book in a day! I liked that there were many different characters to keep track of in this book; it illustrated perfectly how people are linked in many ways and don’t know it. A little creepy —especially with these characters!") Great book though and I am looking forward to reading more from Sommer.
  SaraPetersen | Jan 30, 2010 |
A friend recommended I read this book because I like mysteries. I loved this book. It was so interesting the way the author introduced so many characters. It was little snap shots of peoples lives and you have to figure out how it all fits together. Another reason I loved the book is because the characters were so real and they had to deal with real life issues that are hard. The author does not make life this unrealistic fluff like other authors can. This book was recommended to me so I am going to recommend it to others. ( )
  CaseyCollins | Jan 30, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,931,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible