Beginning Spanish for the Utterly Confused

by Jean Yates

1621,046,455 (5)None
When it comes to understanding Spanish, even good students can be confused. Beginning Spanish for the Utterly Confused offers you explanations of Spanish vocabulary, grammar, and common phrases and expressions. Its easy-to-use format will get you comfortable with using Spanish for communication quickly and easily. Features: Fun icons that highlight quick tips Helpful review for before a test End-of-chapter summaries Self-tests A CD that provides clear pronunciation models for the 26 dialogues throughout the book, as well as selected audio exercises Topics include: Being Friendly; Developing a Spanish Vocabulary; Identifying People; Describing People; Identifying and Describing Objects; Telling Times and Dates; Describing Conditions; Indicating Location; Reporting the Weather; Giving Facts and Describing Usual Activities; Telling About Actions Toward Oneself, Other People, and Objects; Telling about Interactions and Feelings; Describing Activities in Progress; Telling Intentions and Plans… (more)

Languages can be intimidating, and hearing Spanish around me all day set my mind into a tizzy. I picked this book up to see if it would help me and I left the book store a happy person, because it truly is for someone like me, utterly confused. The vocabulary, grammar and common phrases and expressions are explained in a way that I was comfortable learning the concepts. The author has taught many people and has used this expertise to teach us by way of the written word. If you want to be prepared for this new language around you, do not hesitate to start with this book. The author Jean Yates, has taught for ten yeasr and her instructional approach is based on the concepts developed while teaching English as a second language; you will be learning as if in her classroom.
This is an ideal book for anyone whom wants to learn the language, and would make a wonderful gift at any time, especially at graduation time. ( )
  bakersfieldbarbara | Jun 13, 2013 |
Group Y
  gilsbooks | May 18, 2011 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,872,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible