Good Boy, Fergus! by David Shannon

Good Boy, Fergus!

by David Shannon

703None13,401 (3.8)3

Summary: The book is describing a dog's average day.

Personal Reaction: The book was very detailed and colorful. It showed the average day of a dog. The kids could relate to the book if they had a dog or show them what is like if they didn't have a dog.

Classroom Extensions:
-They could bring a dog in for show and tell.
-The student's could draw a dog.
-The students could act like a dog.
  ChelseyPowers | Mar 12, 2014 |
Summary: This story is all about Fergus, a beloved dog, that a man owns. Fergus is a wild, playful dog who is always getting into something. At the end of the hectic day, the owner still adores the energetic dog.

Personal Reaction: This story truly tells the relationship between animal and owner. I always grew up with dogs and they're my favorite animal, so this story touches my heart. The illustrations are very detailed and big so I can get more out of it.

Classroom Extension: 1. The students can easily write or illustrate about their own animal or favorite animal. This will then turn into them explaining the animal's good and bad qualities.
2. The students could also draw or write about their own ideal pet. They would describe how it would act and what it would look like. They will use descriptive words. ( )
  KendraGayle | Mar 9, 2014 |
I find David Shannon as a humorous author. I also love his illustrations. This book caught my attention because I've had dogs as pets, and I feel as if he captures the essence of a dog's personality. ( )
  avidrine | Feb 24, 2014 |
This book has a great storyline, showing how dogs can go from "bad" to "good" in just a few minutes. Such cute illustrations!
  rebeccabrooke | Jun 9, 2013 |
Fun story about a day in the life of a dog--from the dog's point of view. Reading the back flap on the inside of the book, I learned that David Shannon, the author of this book, owns a dog named Fergus. :) ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |

Meet Fergus, the canine star of the upcoming book from Caldecott Honor artist David Shannon. Much like Shannon's beloved characters, David and Alice, the adorable Fergus is always getting in trouble!

Follow Fergus as he experiences the perfect doggy day--well, except for his bath, of course! From chasing cats and motorcycles to being scratched on his favorite "tickle spot," David Shannon's newest sweet and silly character will inspire young readers to laugh out loud at his mischievous antics. Fans of Shannon's previous books will love reading all about this naughty but lovable dog!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:04 -0400)

Except for his bath, Fergus experiences the perfect doggy day, from chasing cats and motorcycles to being scratched on his favorite tickle spot.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,504,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible