Good Boy, Fergus! by David Shannon

Good Boy, Fergus!

by David Shannon

The main idea of this book is that dogs may be mischievous but are still lovable. I enjoyed this book's plot and writing. I enjoyed that the plot took place over the course of one day and included realistic things most dogs do on a daily basis. Most dogs chase cats, hate baths, and beg for food just like Fergus. As a reader, the plot allowed me to connect the daily life of my dog to Fergus's daily life.
I enjoyed the illustrations because they were colorful and enhanced the story. The illustrations of Fergus begging for food include four illustrations. Each illustration contains a different color background which helps the reader notice that the pictures are related but show movement. The succession of these illustrations show sad-eyed Fergus begging for food from the narrator then licking his lips when the narrator says, "Oh, all right..." and gives him the food. ( )
  jessicaedelman | Oct 20, 2014 |
The main reason i like this story is because of how much Fergus reminds me of my dog, Winky. Just like Fergus and his owner, I go thought the same troubles with my dog. Sometimes my dog can be mischievous like Fergus but in the end they are both sweet dogs. My favorite part of the story was when Fergus and his owner were standing about to go outside. The page first say "Ready, Set" and then the next page said "CAT!" and Fergus went and ran off with the funniest excited face. ( )
  cporte8 | Oct 7, 2014 |
Fergus does not listen that well. He doesn't eat what he should and always makes a mess. However, at the end of the day, he's still a good boy! ( )
  acreel | Sep 30, 2014 |
This book is about the day in the life of a dog named Fergus. His owner fusses at him, but he always seems to get his way. This book wasn't a favorite of mine. Nothing really stood out to draw me in. ( )
  Kbernard | Jul 18, 2014 |
I love this book. It will be wonderful when talking about obeying for safety. ( )
  Heidi_Ruckle | Jul 18, 2014 |

Meet Fergus, the canine star of the upcoming book from Caldecott Honor artist David Shannon. Much like Shannon's beloved characters, David and Alice, the adorable Fergus is always getting in trouble!

Follow Fergus as he experiences the perfect doggy day--well, except for his bath, of course! From chasing cats and motorcycles to being scratched on his favorite "tickle spot," David Shannon's newest sweet and silly character will inspire young readers to laugh out loud at his mischievous antics. Fans of Shannon's previous books will love reading all about this naughty but lovable dog!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:04 -0400)

Except for his bath, Fergus experiences the perfect doggy day, from chasing cats and motorcycles to being scratched on his favorite tickle spot.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,711,634 books! | Top bar: Always visible