Apollyon: The Destroyer is Unleashed

by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins

Series: Left Behind (5)

The Tribulation Force travels to Israel for the Meeting of Witnesses as further judgments are released upon the world. Satan falls from heaven and opens the bottomless pit, releasing Apollyon and his plague of locusts that torture the unsaved.

This is the umpteenth time I've read Apollyon and the title has always made me wonder, who or what is Apollyon.

Revelation 9:11 (NIV): They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

The creepiest part of Apollyon was when the locusts call out together, "Abaddon, Abaddon." That isn't in scripture, but it is great writing.

Later in chapter 9, Revelation says that the locusts will sound like horses and chariots. I recommend watching locust swarm videos to better imagine what big locusts in a swarm would sound like. It would be deafening.

Apollyon was well-written with better tricks used to pass the time than before. Richard Ferrone made Nicolae sound more his age, which cleared up a complaint from the earlier books. Over-all I find this my favorite so far. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
The fifth trumpet judgment -- a plague of scorpion-like locusts led by Apollyon, chief demon of the abyss, is so horrifying that men try to kill themselves but are not allowed to die.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 3, 2021 |
Apollyon (Left Behind #5) / written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins -- Wheaton, IL : Tyndale House Publishers, c1998. (403 pages) -- RANGE 9 -- ADULT BOOKS FOR YOUNG ADULTS

SUMMARY: The Tribulation calendar moves closer to the halfway point and the fourth Trumpet Judgment strikes the solar system and cripples the earth. and then the fifth Trumpet Judgment brings the plague of scorpionlike locusts led by Apollyon, chief demon of the abyss. The judgements are getting worse and worse and the Tribulation Force members are in exile as fugitives of the Global Community. Tens of thousands of the 144,000 witness meet at Teddy Kollek Stadium to hear the teachings of Tsion Ben-Judah who returns to Jerusalem for this historical event.

REVIEW: They just keep getting better and better. The plague of locusts is a powerful scene and the horror of the creatures is very vivid in the description as the story unfolds. The Tribulation Force finds new members and will loose a few while we wonder about the future of the others.

Just keep reading and then grab the next one and keep reading some more. I read them so fast that the details for each title are blurred in my mind -- just keep reading. ( )
  pjburnswriter | Aug 7, 2020 |
The Tribulation Force is gathering in Jerusalem, where thousands of the faithful are receiving crucial teachings from their leader. They must be prepared for the fourth Trumpet Judgement prophesied in Revelations. Soon, even the sun will be affected, and a plague of anguish will be released on earth.
As the Tribulation Force continues its dramatic struggle against evil, Apollyon offers stunning apocalyptic visions. ( )
  Gmomaj | Jul 12, 2020 |
I read what I did of this series because it was one of the few books my then-husband would read, and I wanted to be able to discuss books with him. I won't be reading more of these books, or re-reading any of the ones I already read, and reading them didn't help give me and my ex-husband anything interesting to talk about anyway since he didn't want to hear the ways in which my opinion on the series varied from his. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |

To Norman B. Rohrer
Friend and mentor
P R O L O G U E

From the Conclusion of Soul Harvest

Rayford Steele worried about Mac McCullum's silence in the cockpit of Global Community One during the short flight from New Babylon to Tel Aviv.
This is the book. Please do not combine with the Experience in Sound and Drama audio version - an adaption of the book.
Abridged audiobook ISBNs are 0842343342 and 0842319336.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,323,688 books! | Top bar: Always visible