Mercury

by Hope Larson

Tara is forced to move in with her cousins after her house burns down. She faces a difficult adjustment while her mother is away trying to earn money. Interwoven with this story is that of Tara's ancestors, who in 1859 were convinced by a mysterious stranger to put all their money into searching their property for gold.… (more)
    Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol (Anonymous user)

For my review of this book visit my Youtube Vlog at:

Enjoy!
  booklover3258 | Jan 16, 2021 |
I like books set in Canada, and I like Hope Larson. She put in just a touch of magic which I thought was cute. The parallel stories were nice and so was the history. ( )
  katebrarian | Jul 28, 2020 |
Odd little book. Love Hope Larson's illustration style. Fully enjoyed the two parallel stories. Didn't really like the ending, but it did leave me thoughtful and wondering, so, still a good book. ( )
  Wordbrarian | Mar 5, 2019 |
Not a big fan of this one. Very creepy and strange, but also hard to follow at times. The ending was weird and fit the whole vibe of the book, but I have read graphic novels I like better. Although, I did like the illustrations. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
The first thirteen pages of this are very cool. (I liked the rest, too.)
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
One last thing: This book is dedicated to my favorite Canadian, Mal. I love you!
Hi, house.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,458,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible