Flirt by Laurell K. Hamilton
1,720786,446 (3.26)29
When Anita Blake meets with prospective client Tony Bennington, who is desperate to have her reanimate his recently deceased wife, she is full of sympathy for his loss ... but the creature that Anita could coerce to step out of the late Mrs. Bennington's grave would not be the lovely Mrs. Bennington. Not really. And not for long.… (more)

English (77)  French (1)  All languages (78)
I was a little reluctant to read this book. Only because Anita Blake is one of my favorite characters and I just couldn't get a handle on where the author was going with a title like Flirt. I was pleasantly surprised even though it's on the shorter side of an Anita Blake novel. I believe that this book shows just how much Anita has changed emotionally. She's come a long way since Guilty Pleasures. While she is still the cold blooded killer of the past it begins to show a more vulnerable side of her that I can relate even better to. It's nice to see that she hasn't lost her kick ass attitude and has learned to open her heart more than she ever believed she would be able to. I think this will be a nice lead into Bullet and I can't wait for that one to hit the shelves. ( )
  ecmross | Apr 19, 2019 |
There is good and bad when reading LKH. The good is that she's built a solid world and characters that I, for the most part, like to spend time with. The bad is that I really wish she would get (a better) editor. Some phrases were used again and again, some scenes the same. The book could have been tighter and more enjoyable.

Anita's been collecting animals to call for a while, and she does that through sex. You accept that if you're reading one of these books, and I do. This time the animal she collected is tied to her in a way that was obviously not his (or really her) choice. That's something explored a bit in this book, and something I'm looking forward to seeing explored (though not in a sexual way) in further books. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Though it looked short, if the story was fleshed out anymore, it would have dragged, so it was short and sweet :) ( )
  WeeWeegieBookworm | Mar 24, 2018 |
I liked it. It's just super short. ( )
  themjrawr | Dec 1, 2017 |
Same Anita, a little more about her at work, a little less sex, but the shorter length still made the book overall lacking. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
This one's for Daven and Wendi, friends who finally taught me the fine art of flirting. Thanks for the inspiration.
For Jonathon, too, because he was there by my side when inspiration struck. he has taught me that to be happy with someone, first they must be my friend. Without that there can be nothing else.
"I WANT YOU to raise my wife from the dead, Ms. Blake," Tony Bennington said, in a voice that matched the expensive suit and the flash of the Rolex on his right wrist.

When Anita Blake meets with prospective client Tony Bennington, who is desperate to have her reanimate his recently deceased wife, she is full of sympathy for his loss. Anita knows something about love, and she knows everything there is to know about loss. But what she also knows, though Tony Bennington seems unwilling to be convinced, is that the thing she can do as a necromancer isn't the miracle he thinks he needs. The creature that Anita could coerce to step out of the late Mrs.Bennington's grave would not be the lovely Mrs.Bennington. Not really. And not for long.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,865,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible