The Leopard by Jo Nesbo

The Leopard (2009)

by Jo Nesbo

Series: Harry Hole (8)

English (62)  Dutch (4)  Danish (2)  Italian (2)  German (2)  Finnish (2)  French (2)  All languages (76)
mystery, police procedural ( )
  scubareader | Jun 26, 2015 |
This is my first Jo Nesbo book, AMAZING! I hope to read a few more of her 'Harry Hole' novels. It kept me guessing to who the killer was until the very end. And I liked how after the detective works out who the killer is you then get to see the killers side of the story and his life in short. But the suspense she created in her writing was what kept me hooked. Truly recommend, a great crime novel. ( )
  ChelseaAnne96 | Jun 16, 2015 |
For lover's of the Harry Hole crime series, this 8th story finds our intrepid (and flawed) hero drawn back to Norway in search of a serial killer with a unique killing toy/tool. His inter- and intra-departmental woes continues as he rubs just about everyone the wrong way. ( )
  michigantrumpet | Jun 8, 2015 |
This was a very good book. I had to get used to the different places and names for things but I really liked the story. I guessed the bad guy early on, but even so the book kept me guessing. It was hard to put down. I liked the characters. The ending kept me reading, I couldn't put it down. I definitely would read something else by him. ( )
  bwhitner | Jun 6, 2015 |
The first book of Nesbo's that i've read. Very capturing and not dissimilar to other books based in Scandinavia that i have read ( )
  Tony2704 | Jun 3, 2015 |
The Leopard, the sixth Harry Hole thriller (in English – but actually the eight in the Harry Hole series) by the internationally acclaimed Norwegian writer Jo Nesbo is outstanding. The plot twists and curls, and Harry Hole, an extraordinarily interesting man, becomes more and more fascinating. It is a joy to follow him as he out-foxes bosses and colleagues, alienates people left and right in the police force, and doles out justice Hole-style. The Leopard is a top notch, painfully suspenseful crime fiction, and quite possibly Jo Nesbo’s best. It’s a thick brick of a book, but far too short. I loved it. I am certain The Leopard is one of the best crime fiction books of 2011!

added by vancouverdeb | editNordic Book Blog

Zimnicka, IwonaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
林立仁Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Арро, ТатьянаTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
She awoke.
“She couldn’t hear anything, but she could sense a presence. Like a leopard. Someone had told her leopards made so little noise they could sneak right up to their prey in the dark. They could regulate their breathing so that it was in tune with yours. Could hold their breath when you held yours.”

De politie van Oslo staat voor een raadsel. Er zijn twee vrouwenlichamen gevonden, ze blijken verdronken in hun eigen bloed en hun gezichten zijn verminkt. Bizar detail is dat de verwondingen van binnenuit lijken te zijn gemaakt. Er is maar één man die bij deze zaak zou kunnen helpen, maar hij lijkt van de aardbodem verdwenen. Kaja Solness van de afdeling Moordzaken wordt op de zaak gezet en belandt bij haar zoektocht naar de verdwenen ex-commissaris in Hong-Kong. Hij blijkt op de vlucht voor de gevolgen van zijn laatste zaak, voor de vrouw die van hem houdt en voor zijn schuldeisers. Zijn is Harry Hole.

At the end of his previous thriller, The Snowman, Jo Nesbo's Inspector Harry Hole was a ravaged mess. At the start of The Leopard, we find Hole hiding away from the world, smoking opium in the squalor of Hong Kong's back alleys. A pretty young police officer drags him reluctantly back to Norway to pursue another serial killer, this one more twisted and vicious than the Snowman.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,947,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible