After her soul mate is killed, half-vampire, half-werewolf Riley Jenson takes on a new case that forces her to go up against an enemy from her past who is determined to strip Riley of everything that gives her life meaning.
    Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk (alesi1)
    Dark Guardian by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Play of Passion by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

English (14)  Italian (1)  All languages (15)
A bit confusing in the beginning because there were a lot of references to past events and characters from the first book that I didn't read. The middle of the book is faster paced but the ending is a bit of a letdown. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
This final book in the Riley Jenson Guardian series wraps up all the straggling story threads from previous books.

Early in the book Riley spends a lot of time, mourning the loss of her soul mate and her partner Kade. Riley doesn't seem herself even before her memories were messed with, frankly it was difficult to read Riley mooning over her losses rather than being grateful, to be alive and for all she has with Quinn and her family. She returns to work to solve revenge murders, then finds herself kidnapped and most of her memories gone.

I actually liked her better after she lost her memories, she behaved like the Riley I enjoyed in previous books. I really didn't understand Blake's purpose messing with Riley's memories and leaving her alive believing she was someone else far from those she loves, telling her she only has a week to suffer. I kept puzzling over that the entire time and even in the end didn't get it.

But the ending was awesome, I loved seeing her happily ever after. I've loved Riley's world, Quinn, Rhoan and Xander. In my opinion, Keri Arthur gave everyone the best happily ever after.

More of my reviews can be found at https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Riley makes a decisin that she doesn't want to be a Guardian anymore, so her life will be changing in the future. Leander and her will be having twins - boy and a girl. Quinn and Riley become moon sworn at the end. Riley and Rhoan deal with Blake and the Jensen pack. Really wonder what will happen next. Riley's biology is changing, so that can keep things going but the resolving of her relationship issues makes it a wonder. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
And you are my world, and everything that means anything to me, Remember that, when the Demons are getting the better of you-Quinn to Riley
Fantastically romantic and horrifically nightmarish at the same time. Riley is taken and her love may be dead, that is only the beginning, her memory is gone. She is confused and fears an unknown pain from.... ? She is beaten, burned and with people she doesn't think she knows...Her greatest challenge is yet to come, as her chance finally for happiness. Her quest is heart breaking. This book is a roller-coaster ride, I loved it, especially the ending. If you love this series don't miss this one ! ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Sexually adventurous and explicit. Decent story line and good main character. All I can say is thank God for the conclusion of this book. She has wrapped up the series pretty neatly here. ( )
  RecklessReader | Jan 24, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

How do you say good-bye to a friend?

SUMMARY:
Some nights never end.
Some desires never die. . . .

Shape-shifting werewolf and vampire Riley Jenson is through with death - causing it, solving it, surviving it. Her soul mate, Kye Murphy, is dead - and at Riley's own hands. Not even the seductive embrace of her vampire lover, Quinn, can fully ease her mind, for she has begun questioning everything that makes her Riley - including her job at the Directorate.

Now, the ritualistically slain bodies of ex-cons have started turning up. Reluctantly, Riley takes the case, but something even worse is waiting in the wings. A vicious enemy from her past is determined to strip Riley of everything that gives her life any meaning: her lover, her brother - and even her own identity. Can Riley survive this ultimate assault? All she knows is, she must fight one last time to find answers, before everything goes dark forever.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,391,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible