Play of Passion

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling (9)

In his position as Tracker for the SnowDancer pack, Drew Kincaid must rein in rogue Changelings who've lost control of their animal halves--even if it means killing those who've gone too far. But nothing in his life has prepared him for the battle he must now wage--to win the heart of a woman who makes his body ignite...and who threatens to enslave his wolf.… (more)
    Dark Symphony by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Dark Guardian by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur (Kegan)

~ 4 Passion Stars ~

Play of Passion is book nine in the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh. This is Drew and Indigo's story. I never would have put them together, but it worked perfectly. This book focuses solely on the SnowDancer wolves and not DarkRiver cats. I love DarkRiver, they have Clay, Lucas, and Vaughn, but I might be changing over to SnowDancer after this. Thous Kincaid men and with Hawke's book coming. Eeee! "fan girl squeal"

I love Drew. He's quick to laugh and loved by the pack. He's genuinely cares about each person and it comes through. Indigo on the other hand I had mixed feelings for. I like a strong independent kick ass female, but she complained a little too much that she need a dominate male, but when Drew got his dominance on she would get angry. What I really liked in this story is the romance. It was different from the other books; in that it was more playful. The mating dance/courtship was fabulously done. Every girl should have a man in their life who courts like Drew.

We also see that Silence is continuing to breakdown and both sides are gearing up for a war against the Pure Psy. New and interesting alliances are being made. I have enjoyed getting to see more of Hawke. Oh god Ms. Singh has been building his story from the get go and I am soooooo looking forward to it.

Play of Passion is a wonderful read in the Psy-Changeling series. Things keep developing and more and more characters are being introduced. If you have not picked up this series I highly recommend you do. Nalini Singh is an amazing writer and story teller. You will be taken on a interesting adventure into DarkRiver, SnowDancer and Psy world.

Audio March 2018: Had a fabulous time listening to the audiobook. I will say Hawkes voice takes some getting use too. As for everyone else they are great voices. Really enjoyed the story all over again. Now onto another of my favorites in the series Hawke.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
Ok so the passion in the books isn't slacking at all, and it was a good book, however, the temperaments in this book got a little blah after a while. I think I like the books where a psy and changeling get together, or a changeling and a different breed of changeling those seem to be more enticing to me. Though I can't wait until Hawke's book that book is gonna be fire upon fire. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
The main focus of this one is the SnowDancer pack and Drew trying to win Indigo's heart. Indigo is against having a romance with any wolf that is not more dominate than her due to the example of her Aunt's relationship as being the more dominate than her mate. needless to say since Drew isn't in the normal chain of command in the pack Indigo doesn't see him as dominate to her and therefor isn't good enough for her. To muddy the waters in the story one of her old lovers comes back from an overseas assignment and shakes things up for a few chapters. In the end the chemistry and mating bond prevails between them. Not much on the Psy front in this book but I guess that is to be expected with so much of it happening in the previous one.

Glennis.LeBlanc | Jan 6, 2020 |
Listened to audio narrated by Angela Dawe. The Psy for Purity plan to take on the changelings. Drew and Indigo circle each other, thinking they weren't in the mating dance but the attraction drives them, dominance issues keep Indigo worried. Mistakes are made but Drew goes over the top to apologize and charm his way back into her good graces. All of this while they begin to realize the Psy have infiltrated their territory and they must discover their plans to keep the pack safe. A lot going on, I like this couple and I really enjoy the entire Psy-Changeling-Human world Nalini Singh has created and shared with us, but this wasn't one of my favorites.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Loved.

I was excited to get to Indigo's story. Even though I can't help myself from reading her name as Inigo. HELLO, my name is Inigo Montoya... Yep, I realize she's a SHE, I still can't help it.

The over all thread with the council has me on the edge of my seat, and I will read on. Immediately. Even though I have two new books I'm dying to read waiting in the wings. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To two wonderful friends in different corners of the world: Junko, who made sure I wasn't lost in translation; and Cora, who has both courage and heart; with a special shout-out to Cian and Calisto from Roman and Julian
Indigo wiped the rain off her face, clearing it for a split second, if that.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,244,360 books! | Top bar: Always visible