In a People House (1972)

by Dr. Seuss

Easy-to-read rhyme cites a number of common household items.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
discusses the different things that one can find in a house.
1 book
  TUCC | Nov 21, 2016 |
advance kindergarten-1st grade. Words go with pictures and the words that are with the pictures are in red to give them the hint to look at the picture to understand the word. ( )
  Olivia.Morris | Sep 26, 2016 |
When a spunky mouse invites a passing bird to see what's inside a People House, chaos ensues while beginning readers learn the names of 65 common household items—and that people are generally not pleased to find mice and birds in their houses! A super simple, delightfully silly introduction to objects around the home—from none other than Dr. Seuss!
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 20, 2016 |
There are 2 reasons of why I liked this book. First I liked that the book was written very simply for young children to where the word would rhyme like "mouse" and "house". This I thought was really good because this allowed the children to learn rhyming words, but also look at how those words are created because they are simple words that the child could look at the illustrations and most likely be able to follow along with the story. The simple writing is great for young children who are just starting out with reading and are using basic words that children at that age should be able to recognize. Also, I did enjoy the illustrations in this book because as I once stated, they flowed really well with the book, when they talked about the mouse, they would draw the mouse doing whatever was being said or done, which makes it very easy for the children to stay on track with the simple story and keep them engaged in reading. I really liked this book because it lets children read about things that they would find in their own home which is why I believe the main purpose was to introduce the spelling of the words or the objects that they see on a daily basis. ( )
  mhartz4 | Feb 17, 2016 |
"Come inside, Mr. Bird," said the mouse.

Easy-to-read rhyme cites a number of common household items.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,386,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible