Strawberry Shortcake Murder (2001)

by Joanne Fluke

Series: Hannah Swensen Mystery (2)

Hannah Swensen, amateur sleuth and boutique bake store proprietor extraordinaire, is judging a dessert contest when fellow judge Coach Boyd Watson is found dead, face down in a delicate confection no less.

Perhaps a touch too many suspects but I like the touch of realism in giving Lisa a partnership given how little time Hannah spent in The Cookie Jar in this story. ( )
  Stephen.Lawton | Aug 7, 2021 |
Here we are again with another Hannah Swensen mystery. It has a similar formula to the first book and others in the cozy mystery genre but honestly I can't get enough of this small town and it's lovable cast of characters. While it's not a piece of ground breaking literature I still keep coming back to the series for a much needed escape from reality. ( )
  leisjenn | Oct 27, 2020 |
A Shortbread Mystery

Strawberry Shortcake Murder is a hard to put down mystery that leaves the reader guessing until the very end. Hannah Swensen comes alive in this story as a baker whom stumbles upon murders and won’t stop until the killer is stopped. Full of a humorous storyline injected with recipes that Hannah makes in the story this is a true guessing game. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Jul 4, 2020 |
Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke
This story starts out with Hannah and she's one of the judges along with Roy, a coach at the school.
Hours later he's murdered and his wife is the one to call Hannah for help. Like how you don't have to know the characters, you are brought up to date from previous books but not the full whole story.
Story goes back in time also for Hannah and her aversion to dating married men, not that she knew at the time...
Her sister and mother help with clues also among others who don't even know that the information they gave them was useful.
  jbarr5 | Jan 13, 2020 |
Our lovely amateur sleuth Hannah Swensen is back and has been thrust into an opportunity to solve yet another murder. Hannah is an exceptional bakery owner who already has enough on her plate, literally.

This time around, Hannah is afforded the opportunity to serve as head judge at the town of Lake Eden's first annual Desert Bake-Off. However, Coach Boyd Watson, a fellow judge is murdered. Hannah does two things: she keeps perfecting her delectable recipes, which are shared with readers throughout the pages of this novel, and she sets out to discover what happened to Boyd.

Meanwhile, Hannah's mother is still die-hard determined to act as matchmaker for her. Hannah may enjoy the company of one of the town's cops, but she also gets to work a bit closer with someone who is proving to be a good friend. It is of interest to see which man she will choose.

I knew from the advice of strong recommendation, that delving into this prolific series would be enjoyable. At only the second book, I already love Hannah. I look forward to devouring each book in the series, which will have twenty-five titles come February, 2020. ( )
  RobinLovesReading | Oct 25, 2019 |

Joanne Flukeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Toren, SuzanneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my kids. You asked for your favorite recipes. Here they are in novel form.
The sound of a crash startled Hannah Swensen awake.
ebook ISBNs: 9780758247261 (0758247265) & 9780758247285

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,214,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible