Strawberry Shortcake Murder (2001)

by Joanne Fluke

Series: Hannah Swensen (2)

Hannah Swensen, amateur sleuth and boutique bake store proprietor extraordinaire, is judging a dessert contest when fellow judge Coach Boyd Watson is found dead, face down in a delicate confection no less.

Cute story. Delicious sounding recipes. ( )
  MBTC | Jul 9, 2022 |
Hannah and her zany orange cat Moisha are back at it again. A baking contest has come to Lake Eden, and Hannah is making her famous Strawberry Shortcake Swenson (yum! I always get so hungry and want to fill my house with cupcakes reading Joanne Fluke’s cozies with all the delicious descriptions and recipes!)

But when one of the judges is murdered, and it happens to be the basketball coach who Hannah knows has been abusing his wife Danielle, suspicion turns to her. Hannah and her sister Andrea have to figure out what other clues there are and what other suspects there could be before the police make it a too-easy case of domestic abuse turned murder. This one was fun for all the twists, Hannah running all over town with a million cookies in the back of her truck, and the way the plot eventually worked out. I always love settling down in Lake Eden for a good cozy.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
Interlibrary loan
  DebWinter | Jan 5, 2022 |
Perhaps a touch too many suspects but I like the touch of realism in giving Lisa a partnership given how little time Hannah spent in The Cookie Jar in this story. ( )
  Stephen.Lawton | Aug 7, 2021 |
Here we are again with another Hannah Swensen mystery. It has a similar formula to the first book and others in the cozy mystery genre but honestly I can't get enough of this small town and it's lovable cast of characters. While it's not a piece of ground breaking literature I still keep coming back to the series for a much needed escape from reality. ( )
  leisjenn | Oct 27, 2020 |

Joanne Flukeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Toren, SuzanneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my kids. You asked for your favorite recipes. Here they are in novel form.
The sound of a crash startled Hannah Swensen awake.
ebook ISBNs: 9780758247261 (0758247265) & 9780758247285

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,056,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible