I Am Number Four

by Pittacus Lore

Series: The Lorien Legacies (1)

In rural Ohio, friendships and a beautiful girl prove distracting to a fifteen-year-old who has hidden on Earth for ten years waiting to develop the Legacies, or powers, he will need to rejoin the other six surviving Garde members and fight the Mogadorians who destroyed their planet, Lorien.
    The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer (Joles)
    The Outsider by Melinda Metz (Vulco1)
    Vulco1: YA. Alien teens. Thrills. Romance. Trying not to let their powers get noticed. Small towns

People reaaaalllly loved this book, but I thought it was just, eh. I was sadly surprised it didn't deliver.
Not sure what I was expecting, but it was not THAT awesome. The plot moved along okay, and I'm always up for fun Sci-Fi adventures, but I felt unmoved in general. Oh well. ( )
  jstruzzi | Jan 14, 2022 |
  jstruzzi | Jan 14, 2022 |
This was one of the first male-lead YA stories I had read in awhile and I really enjoyed it. I like the idea of the story...and I love the back story of the character's previous lives. I really loved the action sequences in the book as well, sometimes those are hard to pull off in words. I look forward to following this series. ( )
  KimZoot | Jan 2, 2022 |
I have always been a fan of novels involving outsiders. Whatever the reason they are that way doesn't generally matter to me. I also tend to like fantasy/sci-fi whatever. This books kinda mixes them.

Teenage alien boy on the run from the other aliens who destroyed his home planet and everyone he knew and loved.

Its a pretty good read. Quick for its 440 pages. I liked the main character and the premise. The romance was a little cheesy but it was bearable and to be expected in a young adult book. It seems to be set up for sequels, I'll probably check them out. ( )
  banrions | Dec 7, 2021 |
Very readable but definitely not spectacular. ( )
  fionaanne | Nov 11, 2021 |

Lore, Pittacusprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brender, IrmelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kaplan, AdamNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Meer, Joost van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oostendorp, WilliamTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
THE EVENTS IN THIS BOOK ARE REAL.

NAMES AND PLACES HAVE BEEN CHANGED
TO PROTECT THE LORIEN SIX,
WHO REMAIN IN HIDING.

TAKE THIS AS YOUR FIRST WARNING.

OTHER CIVILIZATIONS DO EXIST.

SOME OF THEM SEEK TO DESTROY YOU.
The door starts shaking.
I pick up a birth certificate that he has already finished.  The name written is James Hughes.  The date of birth would make me one year older.  I'd be sixteen and able to drive.  Then I bend over and look at the one he is in the process of creating. The name listed is Jobie Frey, age eighteen, a legal adult.

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

2 editions of this book were published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Editions: 0061969559, 0062026240

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,005,979 books! | Top bar: Always visible