Tribulation Force: the Continuing Drama of Those Left Behind

by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins

Series: Left Behind (2)

Rayford Steele and Cameron "Buck" Williams find themselves pressed into service for the man they believe could be the Antichrist. Nicolae Carpathia takes over the United Nations, signs a peace treaty with Israel, and begins to lure the nations of earth together to form one global village. As believers band together following the Rapture, their peaceful world is destroyed again when global war erupts. A repackage of the New York Timesbest-selling second book in the Left Behind series.… (more)

In an instant, millions of people have vanished from Earth. Those left behind scramble to find the cause of this massive disappearance. In their desperation, they fall under the spell of Nicolae Carpathia, a charismatic leader, who vows to bring all religions, governments, and economic systems together. But underneath his promise to unite the world lurks a force of great evil. Can a group of four men and women, who call themselves Tribulation Force, find the strength to topple this wicked foe? As they draw on their shared faith in Christ, the challenge becomes one that could alter the fate of all humankind.
Narrator Richard Ferrone conveys the spiritual and physical conflicts, sweeping you into a world teetering on the brink of destruction. ( )
  Gmomaj | Jul 12, 2020 |
I read what I did of this series because it was one of the few books my then-husband would read, and I wanted to be able to discuss books with him. I won't be reading more of these books, or re-reading any of the ones I already read, and reading them didn't help give me and my ex-husband anything interesting to talk about anyway since he didn't want to hear the ways in which my opinion on the series varied from his. ( )
1 vote | ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |
This book focuses on the main character(s) Buck, who is a news reporter and a pastor of a church who was "left behind." They get together to try to figure out where all the missing have gone. As more and more events occur, it becomes obvious to the pastor what has occurred; so his small band of left behind followers get seriously into the study of Revelation. The anti-Christ, Nicolae, also becomes prominent. My favorite part of this book was the 2 "figures" at the wailing wall who were there for 1,260 days prophesying and when anybody approached their words became fire and would be "attackers" could not come close. They were unable to be killed. Revelation specifically mentions these 2 prophets (thought not by name). This book moved a little slower than book 1, hence 3.5 stars. 487 pages ( )
  Tess_W | Jun 1, 2019 |
The first book was readable and enjoyable as a story (as long as you ignored the poor theology), but TF is much tougher to get through. ( )
  neverstopreading | Mar 14, 2018 |

Ferrone, RichardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sondericker, JackNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weyandt, EvaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To those readers of Left Behind
who wrote to tell us of its impact
To those readers of Left Behind who wrote to tell us of its impact.
P R O L O G U E What Has Gone Before . . .

In one cataclysmic instant, millions of people all over the world disappeared.
It was Rayford Steele's turn for a break.
This is the book. Please do not combine with the movie ("Left Behind II") or the Experience in Sound and Drama audio version or the graphic novel - these are an adaption of the book.
Abridged audiobook ISBNs are 0842317872 and 0842343245.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,276,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible