Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook

Chronicles of the Black Company

by Glen Cook

Series: Chronicles of the Black Company (Omnibus 1-3)

Recently added byrmdmphilosopher, leedbee, private library, voromil, Wadeo, razzzat, Ulung
    The Steel Remains by Richard K. Morgan (dClauzel)
    dClauzel: De la fantaisie noire, avec des sorciers à la volonté impérialiste, des guerres menées par des mercenaires, des révoltes opprimées dans le sang, et un sentiment éternel que de toute façon au final rien ne pourra changer pour le mieux, donc autant essayer quand même.… (more)

English (25)  French (1)  All (26)
Fun read. Writing was rather lame. Interesting action. ( )
  jerry-book | Jan 26, 2016 |
"Oh, ‘twould be marvelous if the world and its moral questions were like some game board, with plain black players and white, and fixed rules, and nary a shade of grey." ( )
  Alissa- | Nov 28, 2015 |
The first books I have been able to read for 10 minutes, put down for a week, come back to for 10 minutes, put down for two weeks; I think you get the point. It was entertaining but nothing I thought I would ever finish or so I thought. It wasn’t until I had a nine day vacation, nine days I took off from writing as well, when I got into the book. I finished around three quarters of the first book and the next two in two days.

Glen Cook’s style of writing is positively wonderful. I’m sure a lot of people don’t like it. I am not one of them. I wish nearly all the books I read, read like these three books. It’s so fun and personal too. Written in the first person, I felt like I knew all of the main characters (not just the person talking) in the story by the end of Book 2. I knew exactly how they were going to act in Book 3.

Fantastically written. It comes highly recommended.
  scifi_jon | Jun 16, 2015 |
Litchick's Fiance via this post: Me: "Hey do you know where the ham is? Because it's not in the right drawer. Didn't you unpack the groc-"
Fiance: "FIND IT YOURSELF, I ONLY HAVE TWENTY PAGES LEFT AND THIS BASTARD JUST KILLED OFF MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!"
Me: ...I feel like that shouldn't have turned me on as much as it did.

Now how can you go wrong with that?
  bookqueenshelby | Sep 9, 2014 |

Glen Cookprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kidd, TomCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanland, RaymondCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Black Company
This one is for the people of the St. Louis Science Fiction Society. Love you all.
Shadows Linger
For David G. Hartwell, without whom there would neither be Sword nor Dread Empire nor Starfishers
The White Rose
For Nancy Edwards, just because
The Black Company
There were prodigies and portents enough, One-Eye says.
Shadows Linger
All men are born condemned, so the wise say.
The White Rose
The still desert air had a lenselike quality.
Omnibus containing the first three books of the Chronicles of the Black Company: The Black Company; Shadows Linger; The White Rose

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765319233, Paperback)

Then comes the prophecy: The White Rose has been reborn, somewhere, to embody good once more…

This omnibus edition comprises The Black Company, Shadows Linger, and The White Rose—the first three novels in Glen Cook's bestselling fantasy series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:52 -0400)

Darkness wars with darkness as the hard-bitten men of the Black Company take their pay and do what they must. They bury their doubts with their dead. Then comes the prophecy: The White Rose has been reborn, somewhere, to embody good once more.... --From publisher description.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,730,088 books! | Top bar: Always visible