You Slay Me (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 1)…

You Slay Me (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 1) (2004)

by Katie MacAlister

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Funny chick-lit urban fantasies
    The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers by Angie Fox (SunnySD)
    SunnySD: Spunky heroines who stick with the game, even when the rules get changed.
    Happy Hour at Casa Dracula by Marta Acosta (leahsimone)

3.5 ish

Bridget Jones the Dragon Slayer!
Yeah, it was fun :)

veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
A quirky fun read. Finished it in a day. ( )
  bookharpy | Apr 19, 2016 |
Just what I needed, a light funny story with sexual tension. Love the Dragon, yahoo, what a cutie ! The demons and witches are great characters, laughable side kicks. The snotty French ? Maybe not, LOL ! I love Ashling Grey, fantastic, can't wait to read the next book, Bravo Katie MacAlister !
If you are looking for something light, quick, funny, with attractive men and a great story line, this is the book to read. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
YOU SLAY ME, by Katie MacAlister, is an hysterically funny paranormal romance. Its been four years since I read a paranormal romance, as they are really not my style, but this one was highly recommended to me and I'm glad I took the bait!
The story centers on Aisling Grey, who, at 31, is just discovering that she is a "guardian" (a keeper of the gates to Hell) while on a job-related trip to Paris. Aisling discovers the murdered body of the customer she was supposed to deliver a package to, amid some occult symbols drawn on the floor. As she is mistakenly suspected of the murder, she takes it upon herself to uncover the real killer, and mayhem ensues, especially since she doesn't know much about the differences between the powers of demons, demon lords, dragons, wiccans, sexy wyverns, and venedigers. In her case, a little knowledge IS dangerous! Along the way she gets intimately involved with Drake Vireo, a seductively attractive dragon in human form, who also becomes a murder suspect.
Aisling's sidekick, Jim, a demon she naively conjured up in the form of a talking dog, provides just as much humor as Aisling herself. Their adventures together through the streets of Paris are great fun.
YOU SLAY ME would make a great addition to the libraries of paranormal romance fans.
I really enjoyed this light-hearted book as a diversion from my normally more serious reading, and recommend it highly for that reason. ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
Although this story is one among many in my favorite casual reading genre, which is urban fantasy (typically narrated by a woman in first person POV), I was pleasantly surprised by the originality of many aspects of the story and the characters. I've already bought the second book in the series. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |

Katie MacAlisterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pée, Margarethe vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Ezling."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451411528, Mass Market Paperback)

Aisling Grey is a courier enjoying a free, work-related trip to Paris when she learns she's a Guardian. That's a keeper of the Gates of Hell, for those who don't know. She finds this out from Drake Vireo, who's scrumptiously sexy-at least in his human form. Now Drake has stolen the package Aisling was sent to deliver, and she must track him down, get the package, and try to resist the passion boiling inside her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:31 -0400)

Aisling Grey's career as a courier began and ended when she travelled to Paris to deliver a golden dragon statue and learned she was a Keeper of the Gates of Hell. But then Drake Vireo - a real-life dragon - steals the statue from under her nose - and from under the dead body of the person she was meant to deliver it to.… (more)

Katie MacAlister is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,434,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible