Humble Pie by Gordon Ramsay

Humble Pie

by Gordon Ramsay

Recently added byprivate library, Ceiteag, BertieB, MsMarong, puremath, pastak, ToscaSac, HertfordLC, RapidCityPubLib

English (16)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (17)
Well, it certainly reads like Ramsey wrote it himself. There was no ghostwriter. This is a very very short book, but interesting if you want to know more about his life up to now. ( )
  Ceiteag | Nov 23, 2014 |
Nice book.
As I said when I registered this book, I was curious about the man behind the person you regularly see on TV. And not because I am looking for ' the truth' about Gordon Ramsay, but simply because I want to know more about him, how he came where he is now, and perhaps something about how his behavior has become like this, it was a nice book to read.

Simple writing style, easy to read (which is also evident: read in two days ...), just a light, delicious and fun in-between read. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Very interesting to learn more about his life ( )
  Griperang | Jan 5, 2013 |
After reading this autobiography, I feel like I have a much better sense of what drives Gordon Ramsay in his relentless pursuit of excellence and I have even more respect for him that I did before. ( )
  FireandIce | Oct 1, 2011 |
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. You can definitely hear Ramsay's voice in this book, taking you from a tough childhood in Glasgow to the more heady and successful years of late.

Having read Ramsay's story, you understand why he is how he is and why he gets frustrated with people who waste opportunities. His life continues to throw curve balls at him; he doesn't pretend to be perfect and doesn't expect anyone to think so either. ( )
1 vote floriferous | Jan 16, 2011 |

An outspoken celebrity chef from the Hell's Kitchen reality television show describes his relationships with his violent father and mercurial mentor, his experiences with a host of celebrity patrons, and his work in several famous restaurants.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,450,018 books! | Top bar: Always visible