Vegan Lunch Box by Jennifer McCann

Vegan Lunch Box

by Jennifer McCann

2000s (1) 2007 (1) 2009 (2) book (1) bookmooch (1) cookbook (23) cooking (14) food (3) goodreads (2) health (1) lunch (5) non-fiction (6) non-fiction wishlist (1) nutrition (1) other (1) read (1) recipe book (1) recipes (2) reference (1) signed (1) to-read (1) TX (1) veg*n (1) vegan (21) vegan cooking (1) vegan-cookbook (1) veganism (4) vegetarian (13) z (4) zxzxz (2)

I wasn't expecting this book to be terribly relevant to my cooking or life-style, and indeed this book met my expectations. I'm sure people who feel pressed for time or who have young children that they're trying to raise vegan would get a lot from this book. However, I found that it relies too heavily on pre-packaged food products that I don't use. I mainly cook from scratch and most of these recipes are focused on quick, easy and fun. That said, there are one or two recipes in here that I will probably write down and explore. But this is definitely not my kind of cookbook. ( )
  lemontwist | Dec 28, 2009 |
More than just a vegan recipe book, this is more of a 'concept' book - it outlines a multitude of suggestions for creating the yummiest vegan lunches a kid could wish to find on opening their lunch box. While many parents may not have the time, or the inclination, to go to quite the level of preparation that McCann seems to have done on a daily basis for her son, this book is sure to inspire parents to move beyond PBJ sandwiches.

While ostensibly aimed at the parents of vegan children, this book should appeal to a wider audience. Non-vegan parents are sure to find inspiration for packing their youngesters’ lunches in this book. And it’s not just for kids – with many people taking their own lunch to work, you could easily adapt the suggestions here for an adult spread (of course, whether you make smiley face sandwiches for grown-ups in your own choice). ( )
  ForrestFamily | Aug 19, 2007 |

The first edition of Vegan Lunch Box is sold out! A big thank you to all the fans of Vegan Lunch Box. Watch for a new edition from Marlowe & Company coming Spring 2008.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:31 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,920,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible