Behind the Mask Anthology by Joey W. Hill

Board Resolution

I read this story when it first came out in 2005. I had already read several of Joey’s stories by this time and I was hooked. This is also when Ellora's Cave was only publishing a few books a week and I was devouring them like a starving person. Sadly, I haven’t read it again until this week. I love Joey W. Hill’s writing and look forward to each book she puts out. Her stories pull you in and draw forth emotions that you might not want to expose. For someone that was new to BDSM stories this was an eye opener. I had read Joey’s HOLDING THE CARDS before this but that story is very different from this one. I am not going to be able to say much about what goes on in the story because I don’t want to give anything away. This is the first and for a number of years the only book in the Knights of the Boardroom series.

This story involves convincing a woman that has lived her entire life according to father’s rules that it is okay to love and be loved. Savannah Tennyson has stayed behind a suit or armor all her life. She has never shown weakness and has torn apart those that would try to take advantage of her. Secretly she longs for someone to comfort her but there is only one person that she trusts to do that any she is afraid to make a commitment and lose the man and his respect. Matthew “Matt” Kensington is a man that goes after what he wants and he wants Savannah. Matt is a Master and he knows that Savannah is a submissive and he sets out to prove to her that submission isn't an admission of weakness. It will take all the five men of the management team of Kensington and Associates to show Savannah the power she has when it comes to them.

This is an emotional roller coaster ride as Savannah finds that it is okay to love and laugh and be human. It takes all Matt’s restraint to allow his team to pull Savannah from her armor and show her that there is more to life than her job. I love all these men and Matt especially. Each man is an alpha in his own right and Matt is the leader of this dynamic pack of wolves. There are some very molten hot sex scenes in this book and there are lots of toys used for Savannah’s enjoyment. Be warned that there is bondage used to perfection as well as a spanking. I can never say enough about Joey’s books and I always recommended them to those that love the BDSM romance genre. ( )
  LadyIsis | May 20, 2015 |
I bought this to complete my Joey Hill collection. It's a complicated romance of hers, because it requires such suspension of disbelief. That such a group of men could exist in today's world, that they would build such a weird office, that they would seduce a woman in that way. For me, it would have been easier to believe in an alien setting, because maybe they can do that there, but in today's corporate world? It kept bugging me. And those bugs wouldn't let me relax into the story as much as I would have liked. It may grow on me in rereads, and I am keeping it (Joey Hill is a real love of mine) but it wasn't effortless... ( )
  amf0001 | Mar 15, 2009 |
BOARD RESOLUTION(HILL) IS 5 STAR, INVENTIVE, CREATIVE. MY ONLY GRIPE IS THAT THIS WAS NOT A TRUE MENAGE(NO PENETRATION); NOR WAS ANY PERMANCY IMPLIED. HIDDEN DESIRES(LAPTHORNE) WAS WEAKEST OF ALL & HAS NOTHING TO COMMEND IT. MARDI GRAS(ALEXANDER) IS A SEQUEL TO FRENCH QUARTER (TY & MIA) AND COULD HAVE BEEN FLESHED OUT AND MADE MUCH BETTER. ( )
  rebelyell112449 | Aug 12, 2008 |

Hill, Joey W.Contributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alexander, LaceyContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lapthorne, ElizabethContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible