Kiss the Girls by James Patterson

Kiss the Girls (1994)

by James Patterson

Series: Alex Cross (2)

Hide by Lisa Gardner (Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Both have creepy abductions...
    Alone by Lisa Gardner (Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Both have creepy abductions...

English (64)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (67)
After having read and really enjoyed Along Came a Spider I knew I had to read the second in the Alex Cross series. Kiss the Girls starts off where Along Came a Spider left off, but it is definitely a stand alone read. There are a few references to characters and occurrences from the first novel but nothing that would confuse a reader. The ending wraps up nicely while leaving room for the next installment.

At the start of Kiss the Girls there is a serial who calls himself “Casanova” and has been abducting and torturing beautiful and successful young women in their early twenties. Alex Cross is a Washington, D.C. homicide investigator and forensic psychologist who has been called to go to South Carolina with his partner to the scene of the latest murder by Casanova. This is the third victim. Cross has also just been notified that his niece Naomi Cross is missing. He fears Casanova has taken her.

As the story flows, the detectives realize there are two killers working together and that this spree has been going on for over a decade. Casanova has a partner, The Gentleman. What ensues is a thrilling cat and mouse chase with twists and turns as the detectives try to find the missing women and the case hits close to home for Cross as he tries to find his niece.

Okay, so how terrifying are the serial killers James Patterson creates? Yikes. I thought Soneji from book 1 was creepy, the killers here are stone cold terrifying. Kiss the Girls had me on the edge of my seat with my heart pounding during the abductions and chase scenes. I don’t know how I am going to get back to my other books, I can’t stop reading this series.

Casanova sent chills up my spine as did The Gentleman. What makes serial killers so terrifying is that they really exist and do things like this so reading about them is really scary. As I am finding is common with a Patterson novel there were twists and turns here, heart wrenching drama and a fast paced story-line. I enjoyed every page. I wish I hadn’t seen the movie first because I knew what was coming.

All throughout the book Cross is trying to catch the killers but hoping each victim he finds is not his niece. The author takes you right along side the detectives as they try to put the clues together. Cross is a well fleshed out character and has quickly become a favorite.

disclaimer: This review is my honest opinion. I did not receive any kind of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. I am under no obligation to write a positive review. I purchased my copy of Kiss the Girls by James Patterson.
https://bookwormnai.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/kiss-the-girls-alex-cross-2-by-jame... ( )
  bookworm_naida | Aug 7, 2018 |
In Los Angeles, a reporter investigating a series of murders is killed. In Chapel Hill, North Carolina, a beautiful medical intern suddenly disappears. In Washington D.C. Alex Cross is back to solve the most baffling and terrifying murder case ever. Two clever pattern killers are collaborating, cooperating, competing - and they are working coast to coast.
  JESGalway | Apr 18, 2018 |
A coworker loaned Kiss the Girls to me several years ago & I flew through it. Patterson's writing style is very action oriented & he doesn't get bogged down in deep detail, so its pretty easy to just cruise through his books. I find that I enjoy his books the most when I read one right after I finish a long, heavily-detailed book. It makes for nice contrast. ( )
  Adam_Z | Mar 19, 2018 |
Great book

Loved it and can't wait to start the next one. Alex Cross is such an intriguing character and I'm so happy there are tons of Alex Cross novels to read. ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 22, 2017 |
So why did I stop at Chapter 66? Well, there's approximately another 59 more chapters to go and I just couldn't take anymore of the cringe worthy dialogue or the obvious set up for the main character getting into a relationship with the victim. A victim who was kidnapped, tortured and raped. (Don't know if that happened but it just seems like that's where it was leading). I'm very open minded when it comes to reading but I felt very dirty reading this unnecessary depravity of story telling. I have to say I just felt so weird reading the words, the sentences, the dialogue, the scenes, the plots, the characters and just about everything. It's just so weird, I wondered how is this series so popular. I surprisingly made it through the first book and expected it to get better but instead it just took a thousand steps further down. And oh. my. god. the narrator with the constant use of the word -- baby was just too creepy. I guess that's it for me with this series. ( )
  ItsBookishMe | Aug 10, 2017 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Giumelli, OmbrettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VeikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Isabelle Anne and Charles Henry
For three weeks, the young killer actually lived inside the walls of an extraordinary fifteen-room beach house.

The second book in the #1 bestselling Alex Cross series!
In Los Angeles, a reporter investigating a series of murders is killed. In Chapel Hill, North Carolina, a beautiful medical intern suddenly disappears. In Washington D.C. Alex Cross is back to solve the most baffling and terrifying murder case ever. Two clever pattern killers are collaborating, cooperating, competing--and they are working coast to coast.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:12 -0400)

Two killers compete with each other for who can commit the most murders. One lives in Los Angeles and specializes in dismembering his victims, the other operates in the Carolinas, his specialty being college girls. By the author of Along Came a Spider.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,363,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible