Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher

Almost Perfect

by Brian Katcher

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (peter19)
    peter19: Not as'realistic', but a wonderfully humourous book of gentle satire.
    Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan (peter19)
    f2m: The Boy Within by Hazel Edwards (peter19)
    Paper Towns by John Green (Runa)
    Runa: Similar endings
    I Am J by Cris Beam (weener)

I love this story. I think it's a big eye-opener. It's not really a HEA but more of a cautionary tale. Logan and Sage could have had a very beautiful relationship, but Logan let too many things block him along the way. He begins as someone closed-minded and slowly see his mistakes. Often the journey is one step forward and two steps back. Maybe someone will read this and be more open to things they don't understand. I'm a big supporter of everyone's rights, but, as far as I know, I've never had a trans friend. I really felt for Sage, seeing things from her POV. I had tears a few times. I felt sorry for Logan too. He was young and unprepared for all the emotions and mixed feelings. This book is a must read in my opinion. I think it inspires people to have empathy for fellow humans and not judge each other. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
It was about a senior in high school boy, Luke, who was just cheated on by his girlfriend and was having a hard time getting over her, then a girl came along, Sage, that he really started to have an interest in until he found a secret about her. He finds that her secret is something that he couldn't handle and is constantly trying to decide whether the secret is something that he can deal with or not. The book is about perseverance and shows that even if something is difficult one keeps working to get what they want. Throughout the book, the author always kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to read more, Brian would have something good happen in the story and then have it go bad again. This book was most definitely a good book, it made me really think about how it would be to feel the way Sage did, and also how Luke felt about everything that was going on with Sage’s situation. There was a point where this book showed me how society really is despite, how we want it to be. Brian, the author, I think should have had a better ending he didn’t explain what was going to happen to them in the future and that was upsetting, knowing what would have happened to them, even if it was a story, would have helped to understand more of what was going on. There were definitely points where it was very emotional, and I like that in a book. He made it like a roller coaster, he had a good thing going on, everyone was happy and then something bad would happen and it would cycle over again, all throughout the story this was happening and that was something I didn’t like about the book. I would absolutely recommend this book, it teaches basic aspects of life, and how one may want something but it is not always what they need.
  MilaVP6 | Sep 14, 2016 |
Handles the topic of a boy who falls in love with a transgendered girl with sensitivity and reality. ( )
1 vote thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
  thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
The book, “Almost Perfect” by Brian Katcher was about a senior in high school boy, Luke, who was just cheated on by his girlfriend and was having a hard time getting over her, then a girl came along, Sage, that he really started to have an interest in until he found a secret about her. He finds that her secret is something that he couldn't handle and is constantly trying to decide whether the secret is something that he can deal with or not. The book is about perseverance and shows that even if something is difficult one keeps working to get what they want. Throughout the book, the author always kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to read more, Brian would have something good happen in the story and then have it go bad again. This book was most definitely a good book, it made me really think about how it would be to feel the way Sage did, and also how Luke felt about everything that was going on with Sage’s situation. There was a point where this book showed me how society really is despite, how we want it to be. Brian, the author, I think should have had a better ending he didn’t explain what was going to happen to them in the future and that was upsetting, knowing what would have happened to them, even if it was a story, would have helped to understand more of what was going on. There were definitely points where it was very emotional, and I like that in a book. He made it like a roller coaster, he had a good thing going on, everyone was happy and then something bad would happen and it would cycle over again, all throughout the story this was happening and that was something I didn’t like about the book. I would absolutely recommend this book, it teaches basic aspects of life, and how one may want something but it is not always what they need.
added by MilaVP6 | editAlmost Perfect, Mila Valentine (Sep 13, 2016)

To my sister, Katie.
See, there's a sister in this one.  Happy?
Everyone has that one line they swear they'll never cross, the one thing they say they'll never do.

You only hurt the ones you love.

Logan Witherspoon recently discovered that his girlfriend of three years cheated on him. But things start to look up when a new student breezes through the halls of his small-town high school. Sage Hendricks befriends Logan at a time when he no longer trusts or believes in people. Sage has been homeschooled for a number of years and her parents have forbidden her to date anyone, but she won’t tell Logan why. One day, Logan acts on his growing feelings for Sage. Moments later, he wishes he never had. Sage finally discloses her big secret: she’s actually a boy. Enraged, frightened, and feeling betrayed, Logan lashes out at Sage and disowns her. But once Logan comes to terms with what happened, he reaches out to Sage in an attempt to understand her situation. But Logan has no idea how rocky the road back to friendship will be.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:15 -0400)

With his mother working long hours and in pain from a romantic break-up, eighteen-year-old Logan feels alone and unloved until a zany new student arrives at his small-town Missouri high school, keeping a big secret.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,187,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible