Neil Cooper, photographer
|23,046 (24,487)||529||596|| (3.57)||128||0|
- Sushi for Beginners 2,691 copies, 32 reviews
- Watermelon 2,479 copies, 35 reviews
- Rachel's Holiday 2,255 copies, 45 reviews
- The Other Side of the Story 2,175 copies, 26 reviews
- Anybody Out There? 2,125 copies, 61 reviews
- Last Chance Saloon 2,025 copies, 32 reviews
- Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married 1,943 copies, 23 reviews
- Angels 1,891 copies, 31 reviews
- This Charming Man 1,373 copies, 48 reviews
- The Brightest Star in the Sky 1,064 copies, 67 reviews
- Under the Duvet 809 copies, 11 reviews
- Further Under the Duvet 539 copies, 8 reviews
- Irish Girls About Town: An Anthology of Short Stories 490 copies, 13 reviews
- The Mystery of Mercy Close 394 copies, 32 reviews
Top members (works)
Marian Keyes has 2 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
From her website: Marian Keyes was born in Limerick and brought up in Cavan, Cork, Galway and Dublin. She spent her twenties in London, but is now living in Dún Laoghaire with her husband Tony. She studied law and accountancy, and began writing short stories in 1993 "out of the blue." She sent her short stories to a publisher, with a letter saying she’d started work on a novel. The publishers asked to see the novel, and once her panic had subsided, she began to write what subsequently became her first book, Watermelon.
It was published in Ireland in 1995. She has now published 10 novels, all bestsellers, a total of 23 milllion of her books having been sold to date. Anybody Out There won the British Book Awards award for popular fiction; This Charming Man won the Irish Book Award for popular fiction.
In 2009, Marian experienced the start of a major depressive episode, and had to stop any work. Eventually she found that baking cakes helped her survive; and in 2012, she published Saved by Cake, which combined recipes with autobiography.
She is no longer able to make public appearances, but continues to write, and in September 2012 plans to publish The Mystery of Mercy Close, a novel which combines comedy, romance, mystery and an exploration of depression.
As well as novels she has written short stories, and articles for various magazines and other publications.
Improve this author
Marian Keyes is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Marian Keyes is composed of 10 names. You can examine and separate out names.