Melvil Decimal System: 016.910
Dewmoji: ℹ️ > 📚 > 🤓 > 🔙 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Computing And Information
Library and Information Sciences
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
[Formerly "Biographies"; Currently unassigned]
Journalism And Publishing
Manuscripts and rare books
Of Special Forms; Pseudonyms; etc.
Of Special Countries
Of Special Subjects
Classed and Alphabetical Catalogs
Philosophy And Psychology
Mathematics And Science
Arts And Leisure
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages and Travel
Works under MDS 016.910
- A layman's guide to Negro history by Erwin A. Salk
- Anderson's Travel Companion: A Guide to the Best Non-Fiction and Fiction for Travelling by Sarah Anderson
- Bibliography of Captain James Cook R.N., F.R.S., circumnavigator by M. K. Beddie
- Treasures of Judaica by Tzvi Rabinowicz
- When the Going Was Good: A Guide to the 99 Best Narratives of Travel, Exploration, and Adventure by Grove Koger
- A checklist of narratives of shipwrecks and disasters at sea to 1860 : with summaries, notes, and comments by Keith Gibson Huntress
- Going Places: The Guide to Travel Guides by Greg Hayes
- Sarah Anderson's Travel Companion: Africa and the Middle East (Andersons Travel Companion) by Sarah Anderson
- Captain James Cook, the Greaest Discoverer, from the Robert and Mary Anne Parks collection by Hordern House (Firm),
- Captain William Bligh, and the mutiny on the Bounty : chiefly from the Robert and Mary Anne Parks collection by Hordern House (Firm),
- Annotated World List of Selected Current Geographical Serials in English, French, and German : Including Serials in Other Languages with Supplementary Use of English or Other International Languages by Chauncy Dennison Harris
- The Titanic in Print and on Screen: An Annotated Guide to Books, Films, Television Shows by D. Brian Anderson
- Captain James Cook. A catalogue of rare books, prints, painting & artefacts published to commemorate the 225th anniversary of the sailing of HMS Endeavour August 25, 1768 by Hordern House (Firm),
- Catalogue of books and periodical sets on voyages and travels by Martinus Nijhoff Booksellers & Subscription Agents.,
- About Hebrew manuscripts by Elkan Nathan Adler
- Colonial discourses. Series one, Women, travel, and empire, 1660-1914
- Catalogue or bibliography of the Library of the Huguenot Society of America by Huguenot Society of America.
- Analytical guide to the bibliographies on the Arabian Peninsula by C. L. Geddes
- Richard Hakluyt and His Books: An Interim Census of Surviving Copies of Hakluyt's "Divers Voyages" and "Principle Navigations" (Annual talk / Hakluyt Society) by Anthony Payne
- The Titanic : historiography and annotated bibliography by Eugene L. Rasor
- Gazetteers and glossaries of geographical names of the member-countries of the United Nations and the agencies in relationship with the United Nations : bibliography 1946-1976 by Emil Meynen
- Best of the Web : geography by Chris Leftley
- Traveler's reading guides: Volume 2 - North America by Maggy Simony
- James Cook, Catalogue. Courage & Perseverance Cook's final voyage by Hordern House (Firm),
- Native Canadian Geographical Names : An Annotated Bibliography by Canadian Permanent Committee on Geographical Names
- American Geographers, 1784-1812: A Bio-Bibliographical Guide by Ben A. Smith
- La Austrialia del Espíritu Santo. Volume I / The journal of Fray Martín de Munilla, O.F.M. and other documents relating to The voyage of Pedro Fernández de Quirós to the South Sea (1605-1606) and the Franciscan missionary plan (1617-1627) by Celsus Kelly
- The Mutiny on H.M.S. Bounty: A Guide to Nonfiction, Fiction, Poetry, Films, Articles, and Music by Donald A. Maxton
- Travel resources an annotated guide by Stephen Walker
- Introduction to the history of the Muslim East: a bibliographical guide by Jean Sauvaget
- A bibliography of geographical education 1970-1997 by Nick Foskett
- Bibliography of the Samaritans by L A Mayer
- Russian travelers to the Christian East from the twelfth to the twentieth century by Theofanis George Stavrou
- Zheng He's maritime voyages (1405-1433) and China's relations with the Indian Ocean world: a multilingual bibliography by Ying Liu
- Caribbean topics; theses in Canadian University libraries by Theo L. Hills
- A most dangerous voyage : an exhibition of books and maps documenting four centuries of exploration in search of a Northwest Passage by Jeannine Green
- Travel & tourism bibliography and resource handbook by Jeanne Gay
- Professional papers, correspondence, etc., of Raleigh Ashlin (Peter) Skelton (1906-1970) : collection 59 in the Centre for Newfoundland Studies archives in the Memorial University of Newfoundland Library, St. John's by Memorial University of Newfoundland
- James Cook, Catalogue. The Robert and Mary Anne Parks Collection
- (travel) Reference Guide for Travellers, compiled and edited by Jack A. Neal by
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.