Melvil Decimal System: 333.09
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🐂 > 🏞 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Capital; Labor; Wages
Of Land & Natural Resources
Socialism; Communism; Fascism; Anarchism
Public Finance & Taxation
Macroeconomics, Wealth Inequality, etc.
Absentee owners; alien owners
Natural Resources & Energy
Hydrospheric, Atmospheric, and Biospheric Resources
Oceania and Polar regions
Works under MDS 333.09
- The land records of America and their genealogical value by E. Kay Kirkham
- Agrarian Problems in the Sixteenth Century and After (Historical problems: studies and documents) by Eric Kerridge
- Histoire de la campagne française by Gaston Roupnel
- Ngai Tahu land rights and the crown pastoral lease lands in the South Island of New Zealand by Harry Evison
- Agrarian conflicts in colonial New York, 1711-1775 by Irving Mark
- Agrarian Crisis in India by F. Tomasson Jannuzi
- Transplantation to Connacht, 1654-58 by R.C. Simington
- The Chartist Land Company by Alice Mary Hadfield
- The emancipation of the Polish peasantry by Stefan Kieniewicz
- North Carolina lands; ownership, use, and management of forest and related lands by Kenneth Brownridge Pomeroy
- Land Control and Social Structure in Indian History by Robert Eric Frykenberg
- The Australian history of Henry Reynolds by Geoffrey Partington
- Rural Economy and Society in the Duchy of Cornwall 1300-1500 by John Hatcher
- Agricultural Colonization in India Since Independence (R.I.I.A.) by B. H. Farmer
- The Ancient Land Tenures of Ireland by Daniel Coghlan
- Political Centers and Cultural Regions in Early Bengal, by Adela de la Torre
- Land Question Etc. by Henry George
- Histories of the Borneo environment : economic, political and social dimensions of change and continuity by Reed L. Wadley
- The truth about the West African land question by J. E. Casely Hayford
- Atencingo; the politics of agrarian struggle in a Mexican ejido by David F. Ronfeldt
- The public lands of Australia Felix: Settlement and land appraisal in Victoria 1834-91 with special reference to t by J. M Powell
- Patterns from the Sod: Land Use and Tenure in the Grand Prairie, 1850-1900 by Margaret Beattie Bogue
- Southern California Town Planning Heritage by Robert Jacob
- The large estates of Byzantine Egypt by Edward Rochie Hardy
- Outland use in preindustrial Europe by Hans Andersson
- Ante el problema agrario peruano by Abelardo Solis
- Land Tenure in the South Pacific by Ron Crocombe
- An Irish commonwealth by Dalta.
- Next step in village India; a study of land reforms and group dynamics by Baljit Singh
- The land sales legislation : being the Servicemen's Settlement and Land Sales Act 1943 by Charles Edward Huia Ball
- Punjab Tradition: Influence and Authority in Nineteenth Century India by P.H.M.Van Den Dungen
- Irish land and British politics; tenant-right and nationality 1865-1870 by E. D. Steele
- Agrarian reform and the Record of Israel by Abraham Granott
- Land legislation and settlement in New Zealand by W.R.Jourdain
- Native custom and law affecting native land by Norman Smith
- History of Australian Land Settlement 1788-1920 by Stephen H. Roberts
- Land and politics in the England of Henry VIII: the West Riding of Yorkshire, 1530-46, by R. B. Smith
- Man and land in the United States by Marion Clawson
- Land tenure in the Cook Islands by R. G. Crocombe
- Land Reform and Economic Development in China: A Study of Institutional Change and Development Finance by Victor D. Lippit
- Perspectives on biodiversity : case studies of genetic resource conservation and development by Christopher S. Potter
- Land systems and land policies in Nebraska : a history of Nebraska land : public domain and private property, its titles, transfers, ownership, legislation, administration, prices, values, productions, uses, social changes, comparisons, from the aboriginal period to 1936 by Addison Erwin Sheldon
- The politics of land reform in Chile, 1950-1970; public policy, political institutions, and social change by Robert R. Kaufman
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.