Melvil Decimal System: 340.7
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > ⚖ > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Antiquities: torture, trial by ordeal, duel, etc.
Trial by jury
Other Legal Traditions
Education; Law school; Office training
Conflict Of Laws
Works under MDS 340.7
- Equal Justice: The Warren Era of the Supreme Court by Arthur J. Goldberg
- Questions & Answers: Constitutional Law by Paul E. & Linda S. Eads McGreal
- Casenote Legal Briefs: Immigration Law - Keyed to Aleinikoff, Martin & Motomura by Casenotes
- Against the Tide by Debbie Hagan
- Harvard Law School year book by Harvard Law School Association
- The law, the Supreme Court, and the people's rights by Ann Fagan Ginger
- Aphorismen zur Rechtsweisheit by Gustav Radbruch
- Questions and Answers: Family Law by Mark Strasser
- Legal Writing and Research Manual, Sixth Edition by John A. Yogis
- Evidence: Sum & Substance ("Quick Review" Book Outline Series) by Steven J. Goode
- Questions & Answers: Civil Procedure (Multiple Choice and Short Answer Questions and Answers) by William V. ; Thornburg Dorsaneo, Elizabeth G.
- Methods of Research in Law (Cracknell's Law Students' Companion) by C. Chatterjee
- Social Justice in the U.S.-Mexico Border Region by Mark Lusk
- Kaplan LSAT 2006 Premier Program by Kaplan
- Questions & answers: Evidence by David P. Leonard
- Casenote Legal Briefs Constitutional Law by Inc. Staff; Goldenberg Co., Norman S. (editor); Tenen, Peter (editor) Casenotes Publishing
- Constitutional Administration in Italy by Information and Copyright Services Presidency of t
- 22 Quaint Cases in the South African Law by George Colman
- Martindale-Hubbell Canadian law directory: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 by Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal education and public responsibility; report and analysis of the Conference on the Education of Lawyers for Their Public Responsibilities, 1956, the University of Colorado, Boulder by Julius Stone
- The Middle Temple : the Society and Fellowship by George Godwin
- Questions & Answers: Criminal Law- Multiple Choice and Short Questions and Answers by Emily Marcus Levine
- How to Study Law: Fast Learn (Winning the Law School Book 9) by David H. Barber
- Questions & Answers: Property by John Copeland Nagle
- Rea's Authoritative Guide to Law Schools by The Staff of REA
- Barpassers/APTS, Multistate Workbook, Volume 1 by American Professional Testing Service Inc
- Barpassers Professional Responsibility by Jefferey and Bracci Purvis, Steven J.
- How to Brief a Case: An Introduction to Legal Reasoning by John Delaney
- The Conviser Mini Review (Barbri Bar Review) by Thomson
- The Jamaica Gazette Supplement: Proclamations, rules and regulations. by The Civil Service Establishment Act
- Lições de Medicina Legal by A. Almeida Jr.
- La crisis del derecho en Puerto Rico by José Trías Monge
- Guide to Indigenous legal education by Anna Cody
- New Jersey. Court of chancery [REF 340.749 NEW JERSEY]: Reports of cases determined in the Court of chancery, and in the Prerogative court, and, on appeal, in the Court of errors and appeals, of the state of New Jersey VOL. XI by CHARLES EWING GREEN, REPORTER
- Antiquities of the Inns of Court and Chancery : containing historical and descriptive sketches relative to their original foundation, customs, ceremonies, buildings, government, &c. &c. : with a concise history of the English law by William Herbert
- Sulla costituzione: perche la destra l'attacca. Come difenderla by Giuseppe Dossetti
- Congressional approval of the California-Nevada Interstate Compact will destroy Pyramid Lake:correlated with "Analysis of Pyramid Lake Task Force - Final Report". by William H Veeder
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.