Melvil Decimal System: 378.772
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🎓 > 🆙 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Teachers, Methods, and Discipline
Primary education (Elementary education)
Secondary; Academic; Preparatory
Home education; Self Education and Culture
Education of Women
Religious, Ethical, and Secular
Public Schools; State Education
Organization; Government; Location; Scope, field
Academic degrees and costume; College colors
Endowment of research; Fellowships; Scholarships; Student aid
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 378.772
- God, Country, Notre Dame: The Autobiography of Theodore M. Hesburgh by Theodore M. Hesburgh
- Domers: A Year at Notre Dame by Kevin Coyne
- Notre Dame Vs. the Klan: How the Fighting Irish Defeated the Ku Klux Klan by Todd Tucker
- Notre Dame: The Official Campus Guide by Damaine Vonada
- The Spirit of Notre Dame: Legends, Traditions, and Inspiration from One of America#s Most Beloved Universities by Jeremy Langford
- Earlham: The story of the college, 1847-1962 by Opal Thornburg
- What Happened to Notre Dame? by Charles E. Rice
- Being Catholic, Being American: The Notre Dame Story, 1842-1934 (Mary and Tim Gray Series for the Study of Catholic Higher Education, Vol 1) (v. 1) by Robert E. Burns
- Earlham College: A History, 1847-1997 by Thomas D. Hamm
- Notre Dame, one hundred years by Arthur J. Hope
- Notre Dame
- A Century and Beyond: The History of Purdue University by Robert W. Topping
- Edward Sorin by Marvin R. O'Connell
- Taylor University: The first 150 years by William C. Ringenberg
- Culture for service: A history of Goshen College, 1894-1994 by Susan Fisher Miller
- Indiana University: A Pictorial History by Dorothy C. Collins
- The University of Notre Dame: A Portrait of Its History and Campus by Thomas J. Schlereth
- Notre Dame: Footfalls in Time by William Strode
- Monk's Tale: The Pilgrimage Begins, 1941-1975 by Edward A. Malloy
- IUPUI--The Making of an Urban University by Ralph D. Gray
- The Chapels of Notre Dame by Lawrence S. Cunningham
- For Notre Dame: Battling for the Heart and Soul of a Catholic University by Wilson D. Miscamble C. S. C.
- Culture for Service : A History of Goshen College 1894 - 1994 by Susan Fisher Miller
- Taylor University,: The first 125 years, by William C. Ringenberg
- Reflections in the dome
- Fifty Years with Father Hesburgh: On and Off the Record by Robert Schmuhl
- Notre Dame: Reminiscences of an era by Richard Sullivan
- The Notre Dame Story by Francis Wallace
- Ball State University: An Interpretive History by Anthony O. Edmonds
- Right or Wrong?: Forty Years inside Notre Dame by Charles E. Rice
- Indiana University: Midwestern Pioneer by Thomas D. Clark
- Indiana University: The Early Years by Thomas D. Clark
- Goshen College, 1894-1954; a venture in Christian higher education by John Sylvanus Umble
- Monk's Notre Dame by Edward A. Malloy
- My Notre Dame: Memories and Reflections of Sixty Years by Thomas Stritch
- Notre Dame Inspirations: The University's Most Successful Alumni Talk About Life, Spirituality, Football-and Everything Else Under the Dome by Hannah Storm
- Hesburgh by Michael O'Brien
- Notre Dame: its people and its legends by Francis Wallace
- God's ordinary people: no ordinary heritage by Jessica Rousselow-Winquist
- Midas of the Wabash: A Biography of John Purdue by Robert C. Kriebel
- Tibetan Buddhist Chant: Musical Notations and Interpretations of a Song Book by the Bkah Brgyud Pa and Sa Skya Pa Sects by Walter Kaufmann
- Uncle: My Journey with John Purdue (The Founders Series) by Irena McCammon Scott
- Ontological reduction (Indiana University humanities series, v. 72) by Reinhardt Grossmann
- Valparaiso's First Century; A Centennial History of Valparaiso University by John H. Strietelmeier
- The Deans' Bible: Five Purdue Women and Their Quest for Equality (The founders series) by Angie Klink
- Indiana University by Bill Luster
- We Face the Future Unafraid: A Narrative History of the University of Evansville by George Klinger
- How to Reach 'Hard to Reach' Children: Improving Access, Participation and Outcomes by Kathryn Pomerantz
- Concordia College, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 1839-1957 by Herbert George Bredemeier
- The Lord, the landmarks, the life : Indiana Wesleyan University by Marjorie J Elder
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.