Melvil Decimal System: 730.0966
Dewmoji: 🎨 > 🗿 > ? > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Landscape design; City planning
Graphic arts and decorative arts ; design
Printmaking and prints
Amusements and Recreation
Materials and Methods
Greek and Roman
Carving; Seals; Dies; Gems
Numismatics; Coins; Medals
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Biography And History
Works under MDS 730.0966
- Treasures of Ancient Nigeria by Ekpo Eyo
- Royal Art of Benin: The Perls Collection in the Metropolitan Museum of Art by Kate Ezra
- Praise Poems: The Katherine White Collection by Seattle Art Museum
- Benin: Royal Art of Africa from the Museum Fur Volkerkunde, Vienna (African Art) by Armand Duchateau
- Antique Works of Art from Benin by Augustus Henry Lane-Fox Pitt-Rivers
- Royal Benin art in the collection of the National Museum of African Art by Bryna Freyer
- Dogon Cliff Dwellers: The Art of Mali's Mountain People by Pascal James Imperato
- Africa - Tribal Art of Forest and Savannah by Arnold Bamert
- The powers of presence : consciousness, myth, and affecting presence by Robert Plant Armstrong
- Two thousand years, Nigerian art by Ekpo Eyo
- The Art of metal in Africa : [exhibition and catalogue] by Marie-Thérèse Brincard
- Embodying the Sacred in Yoruba Art: Featuring the Bernard and Patricia Wagner Collection by Babatunde Lawal
- Animal, bird, and myth in African art : April 12 through October 13, 1985, Primitive Art Gallery, the Heard Museum by Jeffrey Crespi
- Man and His Vision = L'Homme Et Sa De LA Vision Nature: The Traditional Wood Sculpture of Burkina Faso = LA Sculpture Traditionnelle Sur Bois Du Burkina-Faso by Esther A. Dagan
- Exhibition-ism: Museums and African Art by Mary Nooter Roberts
- African art, from crocodiles to convertibles, in the collection of the Seattle Art Museum by Pamela McClusky
- African art from the Harrison Eiteljorg Collection : [exhibition], Indianapolis Museum of Art, April 14-May 23, 1976 by Peggy Stoltz Gilfoy
- African art from the Rita and John Grunwald collection by Diane Pelrine
- The World of Spirits and Ancestors: In the Art of Western Sub-Saharan Africa by Elizabeth Skidmore Sasser
- Images of power : art of the royal court of Benin : exhibition dates at New York University, the Grey Art Gallery, January 23-February 21, 1981 by Flora S. Kaplan
- Masques et sculptures d'Afrique et d'Océanie : collection Girardin, Musée d'art moderne de la ville de Paris by Musée d'art moderne de la ville de Par
- Rock of the ancestors - Ṉamôa ko̲ni: Liberian art and material culture from the collections of the Africana Museum by Cuttington University College (Liberia)
- Visions and models : African sculpture from the Justin and Elisabeth Lang collection : 2 February-31 March 1985, Agnes Etherington Art Centre, Queen's University, Kingston, Canada by Jacqueline Fry
- Visual variations : African sculpture from the Justin and Elisabeth Lang collection : 1 March-3 May 1987, Agnes Etherington Art Centre, Queen's University, Kingston, Canada by Jacqueline Fry
- Male and female : the couple in African sculpture : Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Ahmanson Gallery, plaza level, March 23-October 2, 1983 by Herbert M. Cole
- African Art from the Kirkpatrick Center : An Exhibition at the Oklahoma Art Center, April 13-May 11, 1980, From the Permanent Exhibition at the Kirkpatrick Center, Oklahoma City by William L. Hommel
- Ceremonial art of West Africa : from the Victor Dubois Collection : on exhibition at the Kresge Art Center Gallery, September 30-November 4, 1979 by Kresge Art Center.
- An illustrated catalogue of Benin art by Philip John Crosskey Dark
- African art of the West Atlantic coast : transition in form and content : essay by Frederick Lamp
- Raccolta di un amatore d'arte primitiva by Paolo Morigi
- Traditional sculpture from Upper Volta : an exhibition of objects from New York museums and private collections : the African-American Institute, October 24, 1978-March 24, 1979 by NORMAN (intro.) SKOUGSTAD
- Art of Metal in Africa by M. T. Brincard
- Mali by Jacques Anquetil
- Kunst der Elfenbeinküste : eine Ausstellung des Kunstvereins Erlangen e.V. : Palais Stutterheim, Kleine Galerie, Erlangen by Karl Ferdinand Schädler
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.