Melvil Decimal System: 912.78
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 📍 > 🌽 > 🤠
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Atlases of the World
Atlases of the Ancient World
Atlases of Europe
Atlases of the Middle East and Asia
Atlases of Africa
Atlases of North America
Atlases of Latin America and South America
Atlases of Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 912.78
- Mapping the West: America's Westward Movement 1524-1890 by Paul Cohen
- New Mexico Atlas & Gazetteer by DeLorme Publishing
- Atlas of the New West: Portrait of a Changing Region by James J. Robb
- New Mexico in Maps by Jerry Williams
- Atlas of the Great Plains by Stephen J. Lavin
- Mapping the Transmississippi West, 1540-1861 by Carl I. Wheat
- Maps of the Santa Fe Trail by Gregory M. Franzwa
- Exploring and Mapping the American West (Cornerstones of Freedom Second Series) by Judy Alter
- Trails Illustrated Map: Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming by National Geographic Society
- Trails Illustrated Map: Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Park by National Geographic Maps
- The Roads of New Mexico by William H. Burdett
- Drive America: Road Atlas Western States by Robert Dolezal
- Street Maps: Santa Fe, Espanola, Los Alamos, Taos by Horton Family Maps
- Montana Road & Recreation Atlas by Benchmark Maps (Firm)
- Drive America: Road Atlas Eastern States by Reader's Digest Association
- Mapping the North American Plains: Essays in the History of Cartography by Frederick Luebke
- Arizona Road & Recreation Atlas by National Geographic Magazine
- Exploration and mapping of the American West : selected essays by Donna P. Koepp
- Montana's best fishing waters : 170 detailed maps of 34 of the best rivers, streams, and lakes, now including GPS by Wilderness Adventures Press
- The Roads of Colorado. 2nd Edition by Mapsco
- Rand McNally StreetFinder Map: Albuquerque / Santa Fe by Rand McNally and Company
- Colorado Road and Recreation Atlas (Benchmark Atlas) by Benchmark Maps (Firm)
- Commerce city quadrangle, Colorado, 1965 (revised 1994) 7.5 min series (topographic) [map] [digitized] by United States Geological Survey
- Albuquerque & Santa Fe Street Atlas, 2001-2002 edition (3rd edition) by Benchmark Maps (Firm)
- New Mexico in maps by Jerry L. Williams
- New Mexico Geologic Highway Map by Maureen E. Wilks
- Trails Illustrated Map: Carlsbad Caverns by National Geographic Magazine
- Atlas of Nebraska by J. Clark Archer
- Trails Illustrated Map: Boulder and Golden Trails by National Geographic Society
- Southern Rocky Mountain National Park & Indian Peaks Wilderness Trail Map, 4th Edition by Sky Terrain
- Map: Idaho / Montana by AAA
- Rand McNally EasyFinder: Colorado by Rand McNally and Company.,
- Albuquerque & Santa Fe street atlas by Inc Mapsco
- Aerial photography and maps of the Missouri River : Ponca State Park, Nebraska to St. Louis, Missouri : May 2009 by United States
- New Mexico aeronautical chart by New Mexico.
- U. S. Geographical Surveys West of 100th Meridian. Topographical Atlas Sheets. 1877. (1877) by George M. Wheeler
- Breckenridge Ski Resort : 2011-12 Trail Map by Vail Resorts Management Co. (Firm)
- Niwot quadrangle, Colorado, 1967 (photorevised 1979) 7.5 minute series (topographic) [map] [digitized] by United States Geological Survey
- Rand McNally StreetFinder Map: Wichita by Rand McNally
- Hygiene quadrangle, Colorado-Boulder Co., 7.5 minute series (topographic) 1968 (photorevised 1979) [map] [digitized] by United States Geological Survey
- Combined Standard Atlas of Atchison County Kansas 1887 1903 1925
- Nederland quadrangle, Colorado, 7.5 min series (topographic) 1972 [map] [digitized] by United States Geological Survey
- Trails Illustrated Map: Taos, Carson National Forest by National Geographic Magazine
- Tungsten quadrangle, Colorado, 7.5 minute series (topographic) 1972 [map] [digitized] by United States Geological Survey
- North Dakota state atlas
- Atlas of Nelson County, North Dakota by Midland Atlas Company.
- Boulder County Trails : Recreation Topo Map, 3rd ed., 1:75,000 by Latitude 40° maps Inc. (firm)
- Close-Up USA: The North Central States by National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- Mormon Battalion trail guide by Charles S. Peterson
- [Atlas accompanying An account of expeditions to the sources of the Mississippi and through the western parts of Louisiana to the sources of the Arkansaw, Kans, La Platte, and Pierre Jaun rivers by Zebulon Montgomery Pike
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.