Melvil Decimal System: 917.475
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🗽 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New York State
New York City (Manhattan)
Works under MDS 917.475
- Wandering Home: A Long Walk Across America's Most Hopeful Landscape, Vermont's Champlain Valley and New York's Adirondack by Bill McKibben
- Guide to Adirondack Trails: High Peaks Region by Tony Goodwin
- 50 Hikes in the Adirondacks: Short Walks, Day Trips, and Backpacks Throughout the Park, Fourth Edition by Barbara McMartin
- An Adirondack Passage: The Cruise of the Canoe Sairy Gamp by Christine Jerome
- An Adirondack Sampler: Day Hikes for All Seasons by Bruce Wadsworth
- Adirondacks: Mini by Carl Heilman II
- The Adirondack Book: A Complete Guide by Elizabeth Folwell
- Guide to Adirondack Trails: High Peak Region and Northville-Placid Trail by Adirondack Mountain Club
- An Adirondack Sampler II: Backpacking Trips by Bruce Wadsworth
- The Friendly Mountains - Green, White, and Adirondacks by Roderick Peattie
- Five-Star Trails in the Adirondacks: A Guide to the Most Beautiful Hikes by Timothy Starmer
- Best Easy Day Hikes: Adirondacks by Lisa Densmore
- Adirondack: Wilderness by Nathan Farb
- Camp Chronicles by Paul F. (i Mildred Phelps Stokes. Jamieson Hooker
- Life and Leisure in the Adirondack Backwoods by Harold K. Hochschild
- The Adirondacks: Illustrated by Seneca Ray Stoddard
- Adirondack Waterfall Guide: New York's Cool Cascades by Russell Dunn
- Longstreet Highroad Guide To The New York Adirondacks by Phil Brown
- Discover the Eastern Adirondacks: Four Season Adventures Near Lake George, Pharaoh Lake and Beyond by Barbara McMartin
- Discover the Southeastern Adirondacks: Four-season Adventures on the Old Roads and Open Places by Barbara McMartin
- Life on a Canal Boat: The Journals of Theodore D. Bartley, 1861-1889 by Theodore D. Bartley
- An Adirondack Resort in the Nineteenth Century, Blue Mountain Lake, 1870-1900: Stagecoaches and Luxury Hotels by Harold K. Hochschild
- Discover the Northern Adirondacks: Four-Season Excursions from Lake Placid, Saranac Lake and Points North by Barbara McMartin
- Seneca Ray Stoddard: Adirondack illustrator : an exhibition at the Adirondack Museum, Blue Mountain Lake, New York, June 15 to October 15, 1981 & 1982 by William Crowley
- The Adirondacks: A Special World by Bill Healy
- Adirondack Paddler's Guide: Finding Your Way by Canoe and Kayak in the Adirondack Park by Dave Cilley
- The Indian Pass by Alfred Billings Street
- Heaven Up-h'isted-ness by Tony Goodwin
- Explorer's Guide Adirondacks: A Great Destination: Including Saratoga Springs (Seventh Edition) (Explorer's Great Destinations) by Annie Stoltie
- Trails to Marcy by A.S. HOPKINS
- Adirondack Canoe Waters: South and West Flow by Alec C. Proskine
- Man of the woods by Herbert F. Keith
- Wild Northern Scenes by Samuel H. Hammond
- Adirondack High: Images of America's First Wilderness by Hardie Truesdale
- Adirondack Peak Experiences: Mountaineering Adventures, Misadventures, and the Pursuit of "The 46" by Carol Stone White
- Adirondack Trails with Tales: History Hikes through the Adirondack Park and the Lake George, Lake Champlain & Mohawk Valley Regions by Russell Dunn
- Guide to the Eastern Adirondacks : Lake George, Pharaoh Lake, & beyond by Barbara McMartin
- The biography and funny sayings of Paul Smith by Geraldine Collins
- Descriptive Guide to the Adirondacks, and Handbook of Travel to Saratoga Springs: Schroon Lake, Lakes Luzerne, George and Champlain; The Ausable Chasm; The Thousand Islands; Massena Springs, and Trenton Falls (Classic Reprint) by E. R. Wallace
- 25 Mountain Bike Tours in the Adirondacks (25 Bicycle Tours Guide.) by Peter Kick
- Century Wild: Essays Commemorating the Centennial of the Adirondack Forest Preserve, 1885-1985 by Neal S. Burdick
- Adirondack 102 Club: Your Passport to the North Country by Martin Podskoch
- Of the Summits, Of the Forests by Adirondack Forty-Sixers
- At Home in the Nothern Forest: Reflections on a Region's Identity by Laura E. Tam
- Five-Star Trails : Your Guide to 46 Spectacular Hikes by Tim Starmer
- Short Treks in the Adirondacks and Beyond by Dennis Aprill
- Adventures Around The Great Sacandaga Lake by Russell Dunn
- The Adirondack Forty-sixers by Adirondack Forty-Sixers
- High spots by Adirondack Mountain Club
- Wild side of the Adirondacks by Kip Taylor
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.